I can offer help if I have done your areas

Elizabeth
American West
Crime and punishment
Civil rights
Vietnam war

I can also help with answering questions
Post anything you would like to know and I will try and help

This thread will be active forever(or at least until the last exam), I have post notifications on for it.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Answer this
Elizabeth
American West
Crime and punishment
Civil rights
Vietnam war

Could you help me answer Watergate overshadowed all of Nixon's other achievements? Or the Vietnam war eroded US international power
Yes, we’ll partially, you must be further along than I but the Us’ involvement in Vietnam caused greater stretches in relations between eastern countries like China and Russia (also the Cold War) but America’s focus being on Vietnam for the duration it’s stock dwindled in the economy with these communist countries not trading with America and a large expense continuing to be drained from its pocket the nation barely kept its superpower status

This is with skeleton facts as I am not as far through it as you but I can make this inference from my own knowledge I apologise if it is wrong but I will reply again once I have completed the module
Yes, we’ll partially, you must be further along than I but the Us’ involvement in Vietnam caused greater stretches in relations between eastern countries like China and Russia (also the Cold War) but America’s focus being on Vietnam for the duration it’s stock dwindled in the economy with these communist countries not trading with America and a large expense continuing to be drained from its pocket the nation barely kept its superpower status

This is with skeleton facts as I am not as far through it as you but I can make this inference from my own knowledge I apologise if it is wrong but I will reply again once I have completed the module

Seriously???
Reply 4
Elizabeth
American West
Crime and punishment
Civil rights
Vietnam war

How can I keep motivated
Original post by ageshallnot
Seriously???

Yes I can also predict that with America’s failure to stop the Vietcong in the south and NLF as a whole it was no longer as feared as it was seen to struggle to defeat such a small country
Original post by caymen
How can I keep motivated

About revision? Or the topics as a whole?
Reply 7
About revision? Or the topics as a whole?

Revision wise
(edited 6 years ago)
Yes I can also predict that with America’s failure to stop the Vietcong in the south and NLF as a whole it was no longer as feared as it was seen to struggle to defeat such a small country

I think you need to consider carefully your definition of a superpower.
Original post by caymen
Revision wise

This is what I would suggest but I don’t know how you learn

Take 5 key dates from each topic. Choose carefully as these have to link to the majority of the questions. Write these in a list. Then on a separate page write all the knowledge in note form so you can easily revise these dates. From this take 2 events that link to each of your first five (if one links to more than one it’s alright) this will help you answer questions on this date and also help in narrative questions.

This is easier to revise because of the links made from 5 important dates to the supporting ones. It may sound complicated but once you revise these key dates enough and know the linked events it’ll be easier for you to remember key points in the exam

Do this for all of the topics and keep them in their own wallet. Revise once in a while to keep it in

What I do with my key dates (5 date one) is write them out. Until they’re in do this before the exam until you can remember the order and do once more in the morning to ensure you have remembered them
Original post by ageshallnot
I think you need to consider carefully your definition of a superpower.

It is well known that America gained its status for its strong economy and strong military forces. The Vietnam war affected both and showed that America was not invulnerable as this is what it was thought of before.
Reply 11
This is what I would suggest but I don’t know how you learn

Take 5 key dates from each topic. Choose carefully as these have to link to the majority of the questions. Write these in a list. Then on a separate page write all the knowledge in note form so you can easily revise these dates. From this take 2 events that link to each of your first five (if one links to more than one it’s alright) this will help you answer questions on this date and also help in narrative questions.

This is easier to revise because of the links made from 5 important dates to the supporting ones. It may sound complicated but once you revise these key dates enough and know the linked events it’ll be easier for you to remember key points in the exam

Do this for all of the topics and keep them in their own wallet. Revise once in a while to keep it in

What I do with my key dates (5 date one) is write them out. Until they’re in do this before the exam until you can remember the order and do once more in the morning to ensure you have remembered them

How do I make a revision plan for the next 6 weeks please
Original post by caymen
How do I make a revision plan for the next 6 weeks please

Considering history is not your only lesson you may have to moderate.

I’d take bulk periods to do 1 lesson.
Eg these holidays I’m teaching myself science

For each week write a list of everything you need to do for each lesson. I can forward you some revision notes for crime and punishment and Elizabeth. That’s 2 out of the 5 done.

Once you start you can begin ticking things off. Depending on how much you need to do for each you will have to do some after school everyday I do most at the weekends but some in the weekday.

How you organise the 6 weeks is up to you but remember if you finish early you can stop for the rest of the week to recharge.
It is well known that America gained its status for its strong economy and strong military forces. The Vietnam war affected both and showed that America was not invulnerable as this is what it was thought of before.

Yes, they were affected but not enough to get near toppling the US from superpower status.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 14
Considering history is not your only lesson you may have to moderate.

I’d take bulk periods to do 1 lesson.
Eg these holidays I’m teaching myself science

For each week write a list of everything you need to do for each lesson. I can forward you some revision notes for crime and punishment and Elizabeth. That’s 2 out of the 5 done.

Once you start you can begin ticking things off. Depending on how much you need to do for each you will have to do some after school everyday I do most at the weekends but some in the weekday.

How you organise the 6 weeks is up to you but remember if you finish early you can stop for the rest of the week to recharge.

U can forward me some history notes if u would like and do u have any other subjects notes please
Original post by caymen
U can forward me some history notes if u would like and do u have any other subjects notes please

Drop your email and I’ll send what I can.
Reply 16
Drop your email and I’ll send what I can.

[mod deleted] @gmail.com
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by caymen

Interesting. You said you only studied GCSE English Language and BTEC IT. Why do you need history notes?
Original post by DrawTheLine
Interesting. You said you only studied GCSE English Language and BTEC IT. Why do you need history notes?

Very interesting
Reply 19
Very interesting

I forgot to say I and studying it ready for next year
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending