The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

K101 starting October 2018

I'm starting K101 this October is anyone here?
Study buddy?
I'm doing the open module degree so probably doing perspectives in h&s care next.
Reply 1
Original post by SarahLUFC
I'm starting K101 this October is anyone here?
Study buddy?
I'm doing the open module degree so probably doing perspectives in h&s care next.

Hi there,

I am just coming to the end of K101 and have really enjoyed it so far. I have one more essay then the final assessment to do. Its a really interesting course. Do you work in healthcare or social care? if so its amazing how much it makes you think about your work setting and relate to your everyday roles and responsibilities.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by Abbimo22
I am starting k101 in October I've just applied for finance so just waiting on that now. I'm very nervous as I haven't studied anything since 12 years but I've been working in care industry for 7 years now so come to conclusion I may aswell study to get something from it :smile:

Hey! In a similar situation left college 7 years ago but I've been working as a HCA for nearly 8 years do lots of knowledge! I'm doing K101 and K118 for my first year at 100% intensity so 120 credits a year, looking forward to getting stuck in but only applied for finance today!
Starting the k101 in October too. Work in an education setting but haven’t done any formal education in a long while so feeling a little anxious about all that’s involved
Reply 4
Original post by Hawley901
Starting the k101 in October too. Work in an education setting but haven’t done any formal education in a long while so feeling a little anxious about all that’s involved

Hi! I received my study pack a few days ago TMA01 is nice and simple but it looks as though it’ll get trickier as the year goes on (naturally) but super excited! Feel free to PM me any questions! Xx
Original post by SarahLUFC
Hi! I received my study pack a few days ago TMA01 is nice and simple but it looks as though it’ll get trickier as the year goes on (naturally) but super excited! Feel free to PM me any questions! Xx

Thanks yeah I got my pack through too and it’s a lot of reading but only had a quick look so far as only just got back from holiday. Seems as though it will pick up pace fairly quickly though and just hope I can keep up between work and having young son.

Definitely will be good to share tips/ideas
:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Hawley901
Thanks yeah I got my pack through too and it’s a lot of reading but only had a quick look so far as only just got back from holiday. Seems as though it will pick up pace fairly quickly though and just hope I can keep up between work and having young son.

Definitely will be good to share tips/ideas
:smile:

Definitely! I’ve completed TMA01 in the time I’ve had the pack, very simple now I’m moving on to TMA02 I have a young son too and I’m due another in January so trying to get as far ahead as I can as I’m doing two modules this year also! X
Wow you are so on the ball! Will check out tma01 and make a start next week. It’s the last week of my school holidays so making the most before going back.
Xx
Reply 8
Original post by Abbimo22
I am starting k101 in October I've just applied for finance so just waiting on that now. I'm very nervous as I haven't studied anything since 12 years but I've been working in care industry for 7 years now so come to conclusion I may aswell study to get something from it :smile:

Hi I’m also starting and just got my pack through... you’ve made me feel better that there’s other people who haven’t studied in a long time too, im hoping I pick up all the technology etc quickly 🙏
Reply 9
Hi folks, I too just received my pack last night for K101. I have never studied and am wrong side of 40 so totally bricking it 😂
Hi all im also studying K101, haven't had any packs through yet but did leave enrolling until last minute.
I am terrified and excited at the same time as haven't studied anything since leaving school in 03, but glad to see others say its really interesting!! I am doing 120 credits K101 and K118. :smile:
I’m starting this in October too, I’m on a hunt for books that are helpful for this module! I’m nervous for the fact of no Lectures etc as I’m studying with the OU.

Does anyone have any recommendations for books?
Also if in central london HMU.
Reply 12
I’m doing K101 and K118 too!

Also when your packs come through there are exercise books and the module website is also a resource, specifically for K101 I don’t think you are meant to use other resources :smile:
Yes I am😁
I'm starting in October it seems like there is loads to read 🙈
Hello :smile: I’m also starting this October. Just had student finance approved!! ☺️
Hi Everyone,

Studying the K101...in the middle of writing up my TMA01...finding it really interesting so far :smile:
Hi there, I am starting the K101 in February. I do have an information session on it, but not until the 22nd. Do you pick your own mentor at work? If so, do they need to be on the mentor register and how can they get back on to that please? Also, if I want to go on to doing my honours degree in nursing straight after (October), do I need to apply now? Haven't studied before, so feeling a bit clueless. Many thanks xxx

Quick Reply

Latest