Dissertation Survey on Ethical clothing market Watch

ShihabUddin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hello,

Can any fellow students aged 18-15 that are based in the UK help me with my dissertation survey in the link below? Wont take long It is regarding the ethical clothing market and can help make clothing retailers in the UK change their strategies and possibly stock clothing that doesn't exploit people in third world countries.

http://bit.ly/ethicsquestionnaire
D.Hud123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by ShihabUddin)
Hello,

Can any fellow students aged 18-15 that are based in the UK help me with my dissertation survey in the link below? Wont take long It is regarding the ethical clothing market and can help make clothing retailers in the UK change their strategies and possibly stock clothing that doesn't exploit people in third world countries.

http://bit.ly/ethicsquestionnaire
done could you do mine please

https://demo-account.onlinesurveys.a...-development-s
ShihabUddin
Rep:
?
Hi, thanks for that. Done!

(Original post by D.Hud123)
done could you do mine please

https://demo-account.onlinesurveys.a...-development-s
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I haven't read the survey as I don't fall within your age range. I'd just observe that your accompanying statement might be an overclaim, and I'd tone it down to retain credibility. E.g. On evaluating awareness of/interest in this issue etc., rather than 'possibly achieving change in global supply chain practices.'
ShihabUddin
Rep:
?
Are you quoting me on saying "possibly achieving change in global supply chain practices".? Because I did not say that quote. Is it my introduction of the research that is an overclaim, or a particular conext of a question that I am asking? Please let me know so I can improve on my. research. Much appreciate your feedback.

(Original post by DrSocSciences)
I haven't read the survey as I don't fall within your age range. I'd just observe that your accompanying statement might be an overclaim, and I'd tone it down to retain credibility. E.g. On evaluating awareness of/interest in this issue etc., rather than 'possibly achieving change in global supply chain practices.'
ShihabUddin
Rep:
?
Or is it my title that may be an overclaim :"An Evaluation of Potential Strategies for UK Retailers" ??

Are you quoting me on saying "possibly achieving change in global supply chain practices".? Because I did not say that quote. Is it my introduction of the research that is an overclaim, or a particular conext of a question that I am asking? Please let me know so I can improve on my. research. Much appreciate your feedback.
DrSocSciences
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I've only read your initial post, and haven't opened the survey. However, it's this specific claim/desired objective that I think is problematic:
"can help make clothing retailers in the UK change their strategies and possibly stock clothing that doesn't exploit people in third world countries"
ShihabUddin
Rep:
?
I understand the wording may be a little over the top on this thread, but my actual research, once completed has an audience of young people interested in ethics as they are the future policy makers and UK clothing retailers who may want to read my findings so help build better stretegies and better inform them if they would like to enter the ethical clothing market; this market focuses on clothing which is environmetally friedly and socially friendly to people working in factories in third world countries.

(Original post by DrSocSciences)
I've only read your initial post, and haven't opened the survey. However, it's this specific claim/desired objective that I think is problematic:
"can help make clothing retailers in the UK change their strategies and possibly stock clothing that doesn't exploit people in third world countries"
DrSocSciences
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I understand the wording may be a little over the top on this thread, but my actual research, once completed has an audience of young people interested in ethics as they are the future policy makers and UK clothing retailers who may want to read my findings so help build better stretegies and better inform them if they would like to enter the ethical clothing market; this market focuses on clothing which is environmetally friedly and socially friendly to people working in factories in third world countries.
The legitimacy of your intention doesn't justify your overclaim.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (88)
9.97%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (146)
16.53%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (127)
14.38%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.63%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.92%

Watched Threads