Teesside University international students' thread

Watch
Teesside University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Are you an international student considering study at Teesside University? Or are you an international student already here at Teesside?

This is the place to chat to us and other students and applicants.

Please feel free to share your questions and comments. We'll also post information here which we think you'll find useful.

You can explore international student life at Teesside University here.

Teesside University
Rep:
?
New international student scholarship :happy2:

Value of scholarship: The Award will be a one-off payment of £3000, which will be allocated as a fee waiver in the first year of study.

Number of scholarships available: The Vice-Chancellor Award will be offered to a maximum of 20 individuals.

Eligibility criteria: In order to be eligible to apply for this award, you will:

• Be an international fee-paying undergraduate or postgraduate taught degree offer holder, enrolling for the first time at Teesside University
• Have been offered a place to study at Teesside University for the next academic year (2018-19)
• Submit an application for consideration.

Check out the terms and conditions and read more here

emmaszylin
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Going to Teesside University and don't know what to expect? want help renting houses (from 50 pw to 85 for ensuite luxury) or advice on Accommodation? Fear not, for behold, www.HelloTeesside.com is the one stop platform to find out everything you need to know as an university student here . Did you know Middlesbrough has a secret bar where entry is through a hidden door with a pincode? Were you aware that as a university student you could get a free burger from McD with every meal? Did you know that you could pet meerkats near here or that you could get a free month of unlimited cinema ? From information on exclusive student discounts that will potentially save you 100s of pounds per year, news and advice about part time jobs, restaurant and nightlife reviews, must have apps and cards, advice on finding accommodation to tips and tricks that will not only help you survive, but also enhance your experience here at Teesside to the fullest.

Based on data collected from surveys and reviews from ex Teesside students, this is your portal of Life hacks that we would have loved to know when we first got here. Say Hello to Teesside. Let us show you around your new home.
Teesside University
Rep:
?
English Cafe

:ciao:

The English café is a great opportunity for home and international students to meet up, learn about different cultures and improve language and communication skills.

The English language café, run by the English language support team, takes place three times a week on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday at 3.30pm - 5.00pm in the LoveIt Lounge (1st floor of the Students' Union) and all students are welcome.

Find out more
Teesside University
Rep:
?
Just a reminder that you can find lots of useful information on our international pages - there's also a live chat at the bottom right of these pages if you'd like to ask a question.

Teesside University
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
You can find lots of useful information on our international pages - there's also a live chat at the bottom right of these pages if you'd like to ask a question.

Looking forward to meeting lots of you soon.
Teesside University
Rep:
?
Hello all

Hope everything is going well with your research and applications.

All courses with January 2019 starts are listed here.

Please visit our international pages and live chat with an adviser if you have any questions.

neharastogi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Teesside University)
Are you an international student considering study at Teesside University? Or are you an international student already here at Teesside?

This is the place to chat to us and other students and applicants.

Please feel free to share your questions and comments. We'll also post information here which we think you'll find useful.

You can explore international student life at Teesside University here.

Hi . I'm Neha from India. I want to know if there is an option for a masters course for Animation and Visual effects together. I saw the degrees being offered separately on the website, but is there an option to combine the two ?
Teesside University
Rep:
?
(Original post by neharastogi)
Hi . I'm Neha from India. I want to know if there is an option for a masters course for Animation and Visual effects together. I saw the degrees being offered separately on the website, but is there an option to combine the two ?
Hi there Neha

Unfortunately it's not possible to combine these two master's degrees.

You can take a look at MA Animation and MA Visual Effects on our course pages - please feel free to contact us by emailing [email protected] if you have questions about either of the programmes.

Teesside University
Rep:
?
Just a reminder that you can find lots of useful information on our international pages - there's also a live chat at the bottom right of these pages if you'd like to ask a question
Teesside University
Rep:
?
Please visit our international pages and live chat with an adviser if you have any questions.

A few useful links:

courses

international scholarships

English language requirements

life on campus

Teesside University
Rep:
?
If you're an international student and you're interested in Teesside University you might like to have a quick look at this great facilities page
Teesside University
Rep:
?
Do you want to know more about what to expect at a Teesside University open day? :confused:

Join our open days online chat event(s) on Thursday 30 May, 5.30pm - 6.30pm and/or Thursday 6 June, 5.30pm - 6.30pm to ask your questions!

Just head to our website and click the chat icon in the bottom right corner

If you're overseas and not able to attend an open day in person you can find lots of useful information here.
Teesside University
Rep:
?
Hi all :bird:

We're receiving lots of queries about international student scholarships through our online chats on the University's website at the moment.

You can see all international student scholarships here.

BanneS
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, i am trying to begin my payment for the January session. do i wait for an invoice from Teesside?
Teesside University
Rep:
?
Hi there

Are you an international student BanneS? If so, please follow the steps on this page to make your payment. In summary, you can:

Pay online - http://tees.ac.uk/payonline

Pay through GlobalPay (bank transfer with currency conversation) https://student.globalpay.wu.com/geo-buyer/teesside#!/

Bank transfer (direct bank transfer)

Cheque

The finance team can help with any questions you may have. Contact them on:
T: 01642 342172
E: [email protected]

...if you need assistance

Hope this helps.
(Original post by BanneS)
Hi, i am trying to begin my payment for the January session. do i wait for an invoice from Teesside?
BanneS
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks!
I sent a mail to the [email protected] and I got redirected to [email protected] but I'm yet to get any response.
Hi there

Are you an international student BanneS? If so, please follow the steps on this page to make your payment. In summary, you can:

Pay online - http://tees.ac.uk/payonline

Pay through GlobalPay (bank transfer with currency conversation) https://student.globalpay.wu.com/geo-buyer/teesside#!/

Bank transfer (direct bank transfer)

Cheque

The finance team can help with any questions you may have. Contact them on:
T: 01642 342172

...if you need assistance

Hope this helps.
Teesside University
Rep:
?
Great stuff. You'll get a reply soon - it'll take at least one working day - the team are back in today after the weekend so you will hear soon

Please call us on the online payments number (as above) if you want to check up on anything in the meantime.

Thanks!
I sent a mail to the [email protected] and I got redirected to [email protected] but I'm yet to get any response.
Teesside University
Rep:
?
Thanks!
Hi BanneS

Hope you're all sorted now. It takes a few days to get a response.

Please call directly if you still require assistance.

T: +44 (0) 1642 384244
BanneS
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! I have gotten a response. Thanks for asking.
Hi BanneS

Hope you're all sorted now. It takes a few days to get a response.

Please call directly if you still require assistance.

T: +44 (0) 1642 384244
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (20)
28.17%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (7)
9.86%
No I am happy with my choice (40)
56.34%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
5.63%

Watched Threads