SophiaSingh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I messed up my provisional driving licence form, do I need to pay again for another form ?
hope.3
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
no just do it online instead
SophiaSingh
Rep:
?
(Original post by maria.3)
no just do it online instead
Can I fill in the form online ?
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SanjanaD)
Yes that's why she said do it online.
hope.3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yep you can. here’s the link:

https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-provi...riving-licence
SophiaSingh
Rep:
?
yep you can. here’s the link:

https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-provi...riving-licence
I did that the first time and I got the paper form to my house but I filled in the wrong details and not I don’t know what to do. I am trying to log in but it says ineligible.
hope.3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did that the first time and I got the paper form to my house but I filled in the wrong details and not I don’t know what to do. I am trying to log in but it says ineligible.
you shouldn’t have to do it via post/paper.
i did mine all online then they send my actual license in the post.

maybe ring them if it won’t let you log in or create a new account with a different email address
SophiaSingh
Rep:
?
Yeh it’s all sorted now had to just call them. Thank you for the help
SophiaSingh
Rep:
?

maybe ring them if it won’t let you log in or create a new account with a different email address
Yeh it’s all sorted now had to just call them. Thank you for the help 🙂
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Moved to Learning to Drive
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

For the record, you can only do it all online if you hold a valid UK passport.
hope.3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
For the record, you can only do it all online if you hold a valid UK passport.
well i have an irish passport and i managed to do it online
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
well i have an irish passport and i managed to do it online
I highly doubt that, as the photo can only be taken from a UK passport.
hope.3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I highly doubt that, as the photo can only be taken from a UK passport.
well, i mean i did 😂
i’ve had an irish passport all my life and i know for a fact i never applied for my provisional license on a form, i did it online.

maybe it’s because i didn’t use my passport photo as it was from when i was 13 and i wanted a more updated photo, so i got it taken in a booth.

idk 🤷🏼
but ik i did it online
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
well, i mean i did 😂
i’ve had an irish passport all my life and i know for a fact i never applied for my provisional license on a form, i did it online.

maybe it’s because i didn’t use my passport photo as it was from when i was 13 and i wanted a more updated photo, so i got it taken in a booth.

idk 🤷🏼
but ik i did it online
So you had to get your photo countersigned, and you sent it in the form they posted out to you after your online application......
hope.3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So you had to get your photo countersigned, and you sent it in the form they posted out to you after your online application......
i assume so! i don’t know. it’s seems like you’re telling me so if you know better, let’s go with what you’re saying 😂

i don’t know and i don’t really care. i did it like 2-3 years ago so applying for my provisional license wasn’t something amazing and worth remembering this number of years later.

it’s got nothing to do with the original post anyway. if the OP can apply online, then let them do so 😄
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
DVLA have taken 9 weeks so far to issue a standard provisional license to one of my household, UK resident, British passport holder etc etc. They tried to blame applicant for late receipt of supporting documentation following an online application, even though their own date-stamp proves paperwork was received 5 days within their own deadline. Really shoddy to shift blame to applicant, in writing, when it was their own failure. Turns out, if you're submitting paperwork, it should actually be sent within 7 days of an online application rather than the 28 days they state, as they include their own processing time of 21 days within that 28 day timeframe, which of course, they don't tell applicants.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i assume so! i don’t know. it’s seems like you’re telling me so if you know better, let’s go with what you’re saying 😂

i don’t know and i don’t really care. i did it like 2-3 years ago so applying for my provisional license wasn’t something amazing and worth remembering this number of years later.

it’s got nothing to do with the original post anyway. if the OP can apply online, then let them do so 😄
They can't do it online, hence why the form was sent out - it requires supporting documents and a countersigned photo to be sent along with it.
hope.3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They can't do it online, hence why the form was sent out - it requires supporting documents and a countersigned photo to be sent along with it.
alright 👍🏽
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

13.68%
12.69%
12.44%
18.53%
23.26%
19.4%

Watched Threads