The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Leniency

I have applied for the Banking, Finance and management course at Loughborough which I have firmed. Its my dream course as I have always wanted to work in the banking sector, however I feel the highest I will get is ABB. How lenient are Loughborough? Is there anyone who has applied to this course and other courses for that matter and got in on lower entry requirements? Thanks :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by efeff
I have applied for the Banking, Finance and management course at Loughborough which I have firmed. Its my dream course as I have always wanted to work in the banking sector, however I feel the highest I will get is ABB. How lenient are Loughborough? Is there anyone who has applied to this course and other courses for that matter and got in on lower entry requirements? Thanks :smile:

The best people to ask about this are Loughborough. Ring them up today and explain that you’re worried about meeting your offer. Ask whether they normally accept people with lower grades for that course and if they do what they take into account (ie do they prefer people with ABB over AAC, do they look mainly at grades in a certain subject etc etc).
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by efeff

Hi efeff,

I just posted this in another thread:

'It depends on a number of things. Basically, when we're making offers we look through all the applicants and their grades. We accept all those who have met their offer grades first, and then look at those who have missed it by one. This is called a 'near miss'. This continues until the spaces are filled.'

So if everyone makes their offer grades and you don't, then you're unlikely to be made an offer. Not everyone does though, so if you only miss your grade by one or so, then you might do.

Personally, I was offered ABC and ended up with A*BD but was accepted because, while I'd dropped a grade, I had also exceeded one.

It literally comes down to the day, so all you can do is try your best.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Alex

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending