Cocodamol 30/500 Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello everyone I'm 24 years old and been suffering with skin cancer for 3 years. I have been taking 30/500 cocodamol combined with paracetamol for this length of time and I take around 9 a day I take 2 in the morning 2 at dinner time 2 at tea time then 3 at bedtime to help me through the night. Will I be doing my self harm?can I die from this amount? I can't cope without them as the pain is so bad but I also feel like I'm addicted to them now.
Please friendly advice only
Xxx
Haviland-Tuf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Technically you can take 12 a day. Just make sure you only take 2 at once every 4 hours. You should consult your doctor about your pain though if its gotten worse.
Casisalive
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Youre gonna build up a serious tolerance / dependancy on them if you keep that up. Switch to something herbal if the pains that bad but cods are a one way ticket to the liver transplant list or rehab.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello everyone I'm 24 years old and been suffering with skin cancer for 3 years. I have been taking 30/500 cocodamol combined with paracetamol for this length of time and I take around 9 a day I take 2 in the morning 2 at dinner time 2 at tea time then 3 at bedtime to help me through the night. Will I be doing my self harm?can I die from this amount? I can't cope without them as the pain is so bad but I also feel like I'm addicted to them now.
Xxx
You're not meant to take any more than 8 at a time and you're not meant to take any other paracetamol based products alongside.

Sounds like you may need something stronger.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Xxx
Is this a treatment that's been suggested by a doctor?
On the whole it's not a good idea to take painkillers long term because it can have side effects, but your case isn't exactly normal if you have a long term condition.
I would have a talk with your GP about your options. It may be that this is the best option for you, but there may also be different things which would be better either medically or in terms of what you want. One of the issues with taking codine based medications for too long is that you can become dependant on them so if you're feeling like that may be the case for you it might be worth considering other options.

Some people also seem to find CBD oil helpful. I don't know if that's something you would want to look into, but it is perfectly legal and can be purchased online or in Holland and Barrett.

I think it would be worth having a talk with your doctor. Having a long term condition and needing long term treatment can be really confusing, but your doctor is there to help you with it.
You might also like to look into online support groups. There's a site called HealthUnlocked with various forums for medical conditions. I'm sure there's one which relates to your condition. It could be useful being able to get in touch with people who have some similar situations and experiences.

Hope that helps.
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nine 30/500 cocodamols in 24 hours is too much, you're taking four and a half grams of paracetamol, the daily max dose is four grams (which would be 8 of your 30/500 cocodamols). Go and speak to your GP about analgesia and let them know what you've been currently taking and how long for, they'll be able to find a pain management strategy that should be more effective for you.
Etomidate
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Haviland-Tuf)
Technically you can take 12 a day. Just make sure you only take 2 at once every 4 hours. You should consult your doctor about your pain though if its gotten worse.
8 is the maximum in 24 hours.

OP, you need to see your GP if your pain isn’t under control. You also need to reduce your evening dose to 2 tablets.
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, technically you can only take 8 a day because of the paracetamol in co-codamol. OP, if the prescribed dose of co-codamol is not controlling your pain, I would advise seeing your GP so they can prescribe alternative painkillers.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you everyone for your kind advice I want to speak to my doctor as he's the one who prescribed me these tablets as well as naproxen 250 but I rarely take the naproxen as they make me feel really sick. I feel like i need to take these tablets as it does take some of the pain away but not much I've undergone so much surgery to try remove the melanoma that I've gotten myself addicted to the codein I know I Have, I don't want to be a addict I have a 3 year old son it's making me so miserable that I'm going to die from the cocodamol and not the cancer! I'm scared that the doctor will just take me straight of the cocodamol. I never knew they was addictive or that they can cause so much harm xx
Malliband1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
U need to stop before it takes over ur life I'm on 20 a day last 10 year and it's not good I'm only telling you this because dont want u to wreck ur life and family over tablets if your not dependent on them stop please.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (506)
59.67%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.07%
No- I want it (241)
28.42%
No- I don't want it (58)
6.84%

Watched Threads