karol1103
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i am currently in my second year of studying educational psychology and im struggling to find a research proposal that would interest me enough to write about for 3,500 words!

any help to point me in the right direction would be appreciated xx
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by karol1103)
i am currently in my second year of studying educational psychology and im struggling to find a research proposal that would interest me enough to write about for 3,500 words!

any help to point me in the right direction would be appreciated xx
Hi, do you need to find an existing proposal to write about or do you need to come up with an original one? Either way, it would depend on what areas of educational psych you are interested in and from what perspective.

For example, are you more interested in cognitive development, motivation, learning difficulties, self-regulation, etc.? Also, are you, for instance, interested in the aforementioned in regard to music education, STEM, etc.? What are your ontological/epistemological views? Are you social constructionist, cognitivist, etc.?

While I am not an educational psychologist specifically, I have taken a lot of units in the area and have done coursework on ASD and 'serious games', speech impairments and using technology in school to support such individuals, music therapy for ASD individuals through a model based on a process I found some researchers were using to develop a serious game. Some of my friends have done more neurological/experimental studies with music and ASD vs typically developing children, etc.

Generally, you need to pick an area that interests you, or that is of interest in literature currently, if you can't think of one that you really like. I would assume since you have been on this course for a few years, there will be some topics that have grabbed your attention more than others.

If you still cannot decide, maybe ask your supervisor/personal tutor/lecturer for advice. Also, here is a website containing (usually) free to access PhD thesis you might find helpful in finding ideas.

Hope this helps a little.

Danny,
MRes Psychology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (58)
28.86%
No - I have already returned home (24)
11.94%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (46)
22.89%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (20)
9.95%
No - I live at home during term anyway (53)
26.37%

Watched Threads