The Student Room Group

Is he only after one thing?

Basically, I've liked this guy I met in September during my first year of uni. We’ve been out a few times together on nights out and spent most of the time together - nothing really happened apart from chatting and I was walking with my arm round his waist and stuff. On one of the nights he told me he fancied me, telling me I was pretty n stuff. After that we kept intending to meet up again on another night out but things kept stopping us like my friends would make me leave early or something or I’d just see him for a short amount of time. Then, a couple weeks ago we really wanted to see each other that night, so we made it happen, I went back to his flat and we were chatting for ages, then we just started kissing for a while and then I slept over (we didn’t sleep together, he did ask me but I was on my period so didn’t really feel it - annoying) but I don’t know what he’s really wanting from me, I’d like something more than just casual sex but I don’t know if he’s the same. On that night he kept telling me how he was nervous. But when i see him through the day (sober) he avoids eye contact with me? I haven’t see him since stopping over so maybe that will change. Just some advice would be appreciated. Another thing I want to add is that I'm a virgin so this makes me pretty apprehensive because at this age, I feel like it would really put guys off (I'm 19)
Firstly, there is no 'norm' when it comes to losing your virginity. There's no rush and anyone who'd be put off it is weird and not worth your attention.

If you'd like something more, and he's said he fancies you, and you kissed theres obviously some attraction and connection there. I think your best bet is to just ask him what he's looking for. You gain a lot of respect by just talking and asking. Perhaps he's nervous during the day because he doesn't know if you want anything more than casual sex... after all he told you he fancied you, it wasn't like he's mirroring what you said.

Either way, no rush. Uni is very busy and stressful and I'm sure it's crossed both your minds if its the right and/or wrong thing to get into a relationship with all this upheaval that uni brings. Just talk and ask, it's the only way you'll know! :smile:
Yes, alas all of us males are.

But if your great at it, we may want more!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending