Social Anxiety effecting my grades Watch
The title says it all. I have no idea if it's anxiety or something else. I've always had a hard time learning. I was slower then the rest of the class and failed tests/exams half the time. I've always been "In my head," basically meaning that I'm in my own wolrd half the time. My mom took me to a therapist when i was 5 to find out what's wrong, and i wasn't diagnosed with anything. The school i went to wouldn't put me in for tutoring because i wasn't diagnosed with anything. Now i have trouble communicating, talking, learning, and even being around people. I'm failing half my classes because im always in my head. I'm always thinking about my problems and whenever i try to learn, these horrible thoughts keep lingering in. I tried gaining confidence by looking in the mirror and saying nice things to myself but i always end up crying because i know none of it is true. Im even getting paranoid that my best friend talks bad about me, including my family and others. I can't trust anyone either, not even myself. I just want to know if anyone has these kinds of problems in their life that they'd like to share?
Cant you go to the GP for a diagnosis?
1) Relax, imagine you're just observing or there as a traveller. For example, if you are on holiday, you go there to experience and observe the attraction, you're not going to get anxious doing that are you?
2) Smile, smiling in contagious.
3) Be confident, respect yourself, accept yourself, work out, wear good clothes, feel good, focus on your passions, know you are a good person who treats people well, you have got as much right as everyone else.
Think positively, be proud of yourself, do things that make you happy, remember your happy times, what makes you confident? What makes you proud? Do you have a skill you are good at? Do things like cooking, driving, learning that increases your confidence daily. Relax.
Have good posture, body language, improve your appearance. Be happy with yourself.
4) Dress well, have good grooming, hairstyle, have good posture.
5) Just say hi or hey to people in your vicinity, who cares if they don't say anything back?
6) Ask how they are, how's everything, what's the latest, what made them choose this course, their plans for the future, their plans for the rest of the day, weekend, how was their weekend, what they will get up to, what they got up to, ask them about their hobbies, talk about what's happening.
Talk about the weather or did you see that sports game? Just mingle with them,
Compliment them, say "I like your jacket".
If you know they went on a holiday or somewhere, ask them about it etc.
7) Be passionate about life.
8) Lighten up, have a laugh, laugh easily, be friendly, approachable, interested, relaxed.