The Student Room Group

How many years will be funded

I started on a dentistry course which I hated. Completed year 1 then changed to engineering but had to do a foundation year due to not having maths A level. Have just completed year 1 of engineering degree so have had three years tuition and maintenance loan so far. Will I be able to secure loans for the remaining 3 years of the course?
Original post by Jajohu
I started on a dentistry course which I hated. Completed year 1 then changed to engineering but had to do a foundation year due to not having maths A level. Have just completed year 1 of engineering degree so have had three years tuition and maintenance loan so far. Will I be able to secure loans for the remaining 3 years of the course?

Funding is provided for degree length +1 gift/ insurance year. the dentistry school will use that up.

The key imo is whether the foundation was a foundation year or a separate foundation degree i.e separate qualification.

If it is a qualification in its own right then you have potential issues with the engineering degree.

If it was engineering with an inclusive foundation year, then everything is included and they will fund you for the length of the degree.
Original post by Jajohu

I did 2 years part time with the Open University, and as of September will be switching to John Moores on a totally different degree, with a foundation year, could be either 4 or 5 years. From what student finance told me, despite my finance for the OU, because I didn't gain a qualification, they will still fund my entire new degree
Reply 3
Original post by Jajohu

How have you funded your Engineering foundation and Y1 ? Haven't you already been in touch with SFE about your specific circumstances?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest