David 2509
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Evening all, my name is David, 36 and single dad of 3. I'm interested in becoming a male midwife and just after some information regarding the position and books to buy to help me along the way! After leaving the army I always wanted to go into the healthcare profession but never got around to doing it until now. Is it to late to go for it at 36???
HettiBetti
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by David 2509)
Evening all, my name is David, 36 and single dad of 3. I'm interested in becoming a male midwife and just after some information regarding the position and books to buy to help me along the way! After leaving the army I always wanted to go into the healthcare profession but never got around to doing it until now. Is it to late to go for it at 36???
No..you go Girl!!!
Shibu the Doge
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HettiBetti)
No..you go Girl!!!
🤨...
mel_l218
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, getting some experience in healthcare would be a good start, experience specifically in midwifery can be hard to come by but have a good look around to see what is out there.
You will also need to see if you meet the entry requirements for the degree. The best place to start is looking at the university websites & looking at their midwifery BSc(Hons) subject page.
If you have been out of education for a while or have non-healthcare related qualifications, you may need to look at an access to higher education course.
Visiting university open days will also be helpful as you can meet current students, learn more about the course etc.
I’d personally say don’t bother about buying any books. You can find a lot out online: royal college of midwives (RCM), nursing & midwifery council (NMC), nhs health careers are good places to get some more information.
I hope this helps
HettiBetti
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bathila)
🤨...
That means he can do it!!!!!
RuthieG101
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you can do it!
with my first I had a male and female community midwife.
my dad also did project 2000 (nursing) and got on with no experience after passing the entrance tests.
he was 39 when he started.
GlenDavies
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Just cane across this
Did you go for midwifery in the end? Male midwifes are such a blessing. They have a different energy to woman.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (173)
14.53%
I'm not sure (55)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (348)
29.22%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (580)
48.7%

Watched Threads