The Student Room Group

AQA Power and Conflict Poems

hi,
my English teacher told me to learn 5 super poems which can be used to compare other poems in general. can you guys drop 5 poems which will be useful for all the poems?
if you guys have any essays written can you link that too so that everyone can use them?
Original post by anooja
hi,
my English teacher told me to learn 5 super poems which can be used to compare other poems in general. can you guys drop 5 poems which will be useful for all the poems?
if you guys have any essays written can you link that too so that everyone can use them?

[video="youtube;K_PtFsOPBg4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_PtFsOPBg4&index=18&list=PLqGFsWf-P-cAO64lBHZTFwTz2X0DD_Cxk[/video]

Just go through the vids and pick 5 from the playlist.
https://app.senecalearning.com/classroom/course/fdcef0a0-22db-11e8-9b74-f9cf15791499/section/802b48f0-22dc-11e8-9b74-f9cf15791499 This is a free AQA Power and Conflict and explains all poems. You can choose your 5 from there.
In my opinion, I found that Remains, War Photographer, Ozymandias were quite big bois.

if you got any questions on the ol' eng lit shoot away, i did the 2017 exams and came out with a grade 9

the secret is waffle power
Use Mr Bruff if you are doing AQA power and conflict poetry. He is on podcasts and on YouTube.
Thank you so much...now I am confident I will get my Grade 6!!!

Original post by LarissaAlves
https://app.senecalearning.com/classroom/course/fdcef0a0-22db-11e8-9b74-f9cf15791499/section/802b48f0-22dc-11e8-9b74-f9cf15791499 This is a free AQA Power and Conflict and explains all poems. You can choose your 5 from there.
Original post by AryanGh
In my opinion, I found that Remains, War Photographer, Ozymandias were quite big bois.

if you got any questions on the ol' eng lit shoot away, i did the 2017 exams and came out with a grade 9

You so clever and creative Girl!!! Eeeee I hate Bayonet Charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by HettiBetti
You so clever and creative Girl!!! Eeeee I hate Bayonet Charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lmaooo.

bayonet charge came up in this year's exam, so i wouldn't be too fussed, just know the basics and waffle on
Original post by AryanGh
lmaooo.

bayonet charge came up in this year's exam, so i wouldn't be too fussed, just know the basics and waffle on

Ok.....I think Checkin out me history will come up:frown:
Reply 9
Original post by 999tigger
[video="youtube;K_PtFsOPBg4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_PtFsOPBg4&index=18&list=PLqGFsWf-P-cAO64lBHZTFwTz2X0DD_Cxk[/video]

Just go through the vids and pick 5 from the playlist.

thanks
Reply 10

hey
thanks, i started using this and it helped me a lot
Reply 11
Original post by AryanGh

lol, thanks
did you prioritise these three poems
Reply 12
Original post by HettiBetti
Ok.....I think Checkin out me history will come up:frown:

why do you think that
Reply 13
do you guys know what came up in the 2016 gcse poems because bayonet charge and ozymandias are in the specimen paper and was in the real exam, also the 2016 poem wont come up so it reduces the workload
Original post by anooja
do you guys know what came up in the 2016 gcse poems because bayonet charge and ozymandias are in the specimen paper and was in the real exam, also the 2016 poem wont come up so it reduces the workload

It could still come up just with a different theme! But yes, it’s unlikely.
Reply 15
Remains is a good one to learn, as is Charge of the Light Brigade, Ozymandias and War Photographer. I'd recommend having a good basic knowledge of all of the poems though - know the key quotations and the key themes. I'd recommend having a bit of a plan of which poems you'll pair together in case one of them comes up too. I.e. if My Last Duchess came up, I planned to compare it to Ozymandias.
Original post by anooja
hey
thanks, i started using this and it helped me a lot

glad to hear that!
glad to hear that!

These are my choices and I have reasons to back it up.
Exposure, Remains, Poppies, War photographer, The emigre, London, Checking out me history and Ozymandias. Storm on the Island came up on one of the specimens on eAQA and last year it was Bayonet Charge. Although Ozymandias came up in the public specimen I recommend to learn it because it links with most poems. Also AQA always choose a short poem because they can't fit a huge one on a page e.g My Last Duchess. Also it's expensive printing for hundreds of thousands of students. Power of warfare came up last year in Bayonet Charge, Power of humans in Ozymandias in the specimen and Power of nature in Storm on the island (the eAQA specimen). Therefore I can see it being something short and something to do with the Power of Identity possibly.

Quick Reply

Latest