Msbrownie.xo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I don't know whether to choose history or R.E I like essays, but R.E is said to be an easy A*. I had originally chosen both but both classes are clashing. I love essays but I am worried history is just about war which sounds soooo boring.
Hiraeth.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Msbrownie.xo)
I don't know whether to choose history or R.E I like essays, but R.E is said to be an easy A*. I had originally chosen both but both classes are clashing. I love essays but I am worried history is just about war which sounds soooo boring.
Just go for RS. It’s an easy A*. Simple
The stuff you learn in History will be dictated teachers and it may be boring topics you hate
Both subjects are worthless in terms of GCSE and for most jobs.
Picks RS. I think you made a thread before. Don’t be indecisive.
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can confirm R.S. is an easy A*.

Whenever I looked into the History class, it looked like everyone wanted to die.
Compared to our R.E class where whenever the teacher left the room for 5+ minutes, we'd end up playing rounders with blue-tack and a random rounders bat. (Everyone came out with a B or above).
Msbrownie.xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hiraeth.)
Just go for RS. It’s an easy A*. Simple
The stuff you learn in History will be dictated teachers and it may be boring topics you hate
Both subjects are worthless in terms of GCSE and for most jobs.
Picks RS. I think you made a thread before. Don’t be indecisive.
Hahah thank you for your input but i have never made a thread as this is my first one so thank you and have a good day/afternoon/night
- Amaya B.
Hiraeth.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Msbrownie.xo)
Hahah thank you for your input but i have never made a thread as this is my first one so thank you and have a good day/afternoon/night
- Amaya B.
No worries. Good luck. I assume your in year 9 or 10? Take it easy, enjoy life while you can before yr 11 hits!. It only gets worse from here! :bawling:
n__
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I took both and loved both too! RS was just memorising from a textbook and making up points that sound somewhat plausible (not sure if a lot of specs changed now?). But I really actually enjoyed learning history because of the topics we covered so I'd suggest finding out what topics youll do if you take history and see if it interests you? When you're interested in something you tend to actually want to study for it too
Msbrownie.xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by n__)
I took both and loved both too! RS was just memorising from a textbook and making up points that sound somewhat plausible (not sure if a lot of specs changed now?). But I really actually enjoyed learning history because of the topics we covered so I'd suggest finding out what topics youll do if you take history and see if it interests you? When you're interested in something you tend to actually want to study for it too
Our topics in history is all war and it is so boring to be fair I have yet to find out the topics in r.e. but I am guessing it's just the typical religions?
chloe.tasker
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I hate history its literally the most boring subject I've picked after music
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads