US or Global? Which A2 option for Politics is better?

Watch
12cooperj
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am more interested in global from a purely content perspective however, at my college the teachers for US appear better/safer and it is meant to compare well with UK politics and, in essence, be easier to revise and do well in. I do however, want to focus more on the international relations aspect of politics at Uni and feel that global will be more useful for that. It is a literal toss-up. If anyone has any experiences of doing either, I would be glad to hear it.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Global politics....

American politics are really complex.... it gets dull quickly there is no real world correlation to be had with decisions held in places for example, the starr of the civil war in SC... or was it NC... or whats the difference between the two Carolinas...

In global politics you will talk about nations that are far easier to relate to for a european.

Im american and i didnt even enjoy us politics and i love politics in general.
12cooperj
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Global politics....

American politics are really complex.... it gets dull quickly there is no real world correlation to be had with decisions held in places for example, the starr of the civil war in SC... or was it NC... or whats the difference between the two Carolinas...

In global politics you will talk about nations that are far easier to relate to for a european.

Im american and i didnt even enjoy us politics and i love politics in general.
Yeah, I get what you mean. My main concern is the emphasis on structure of government in the US option, as that was the most tedious part of A1 politics and it appears to dominate when studying US. Global on the other hand, appears much more fluid and theoretical and just generally more interesting. I have heard that its quite difficult to revise for though.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 12cooperj)
Yeah, I get what you mean. My main concern is the emphasis on structure of government in the US option, as that was the most tedious part of A1 politics and it appears to dominate when studying US. Global on the other hand, appears much more fluid and theoretical and just generally more interesting. I have heard that its quite difficult to revise for though.
A level is always going to be difficult...ultimately its up to you, but my advice would be lean global.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (88)
28.57%
No (220)
71.43%

Watched Threads