Does the CGP Revision Guide Miss Stuff Out?

Watch
Mia 15
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm revising for triple science exams 9-1 but idk if I should spend my time using the CGP books if they don't cover everything.

Does anyone know if the CGP guide misses some info out?

Will I get higher than a 7 if I use the CGP revision guide and stuff like test papers and videos?
Henrymb
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey Mia,

I use CGP revision guides for each of my subjects and I closely study the specification whilst using them.

It depends on the CGP book, but in my own personal experience I do find that details on the specification are not always present in these books, however, I stress that this is a very rare occasion.

To be honest, You will get above a 7 if you read the specification in conjunction with the revision guides, anything omitted by the guides is easily picked up as you read through the spec.

Best Wishes,
lydiarutharnold
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mia 15)
I'm revising for triple science exams 9-1 but idk if I should spend my time using the CGP books if they don't cover everything.

Will I get higher than a 7 if I use the CGP revision guide and stuff like test papers and videos?
the cgp does miss quite a bit of detail and there’s too much bants in its place but if you want a good one i wholeheartedly recommend the collins books:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/000...u6L&ref=plSrch
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/000...2GL&ref=plSrch
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/000...MHL&ref=plSrch
username2911200
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mia 15)

Of course they miss loads of stuff out, look at how thin they are. The textbook covers everything in the specification so of course something like a CGP book isn't going to have anywhere near the amount you need to know. They're good for key points but not underlying knowledge required.
LarissaAlves
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think revision guides are ... guides! They help with key points and quick summaries and question tips, but probably don't cover everything in detail.
I may be good to have different sources. Revision guides, youtube videos, past papers and maybe free revision websites like www.senecalearning.com and others.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (727)
33.8%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (921)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (408)
18.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.42%

Watched Threads