javeria161718
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi I am studying both Islam and Christianity for my re exams , do u have any tips or any methods or any apps that can help me to retain quotes or information and tips in general for GCSEs revision? Thanks all advice would be really appreciated❤️
preparedtowork
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For re the best way to revise (well this is how I see it) is to try to memorise the key quotes, but try not to only have the obvious ones we want the ones that would give higher grades probably. Each quote make sure it actually links to the question and the quotes. I am doing Christianity and Sikhism I will show you an example of a paragraph for Sikhism, in a bit. If you are visual learner try make notes that stand out, have mind maps or keep writing down the quotes until you remember them (this is what I do) or do the blurting method saying the information out and trying to memorise them and the write it down. I am not too sure about the apps, but I am sure you could find it;

The most vital duty of a Sikh is to become a member of the Khalsa as it conveys strong devotion and commitment to God. The Khalsa is a community of Sikhs established by guru gorbind Singh who created it at the Vikashavin In 1699. The Khalsa shows equality and powerful commitment as well as rememberance of the 5 Sikh men who was prepared to die for their religion and for their Waydeu (God). This is evident as the five soldiers known as the “panjj paire”who fought for equality and justice whilst practising sikhism. This highlights the people should be a member for Sikh as it is a symbol of devotion to God. By being a member of the Khalsa it helps the Sikh to be Gurumukh and achieve mukti.

You should also have key terms; instead of saying God I said Waydeu (it means God) and I used important words like Gurumukh which means God centred and Mukti this means reuniting with God.
_hariberry_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know this sounds like a drag but, personally, I think that active recall is the best way to do it for long-term study. Don't sit for hours and study 1 subject, instead break it into bits and do like 15-30mins of it a day. In terms of retention, the best time to work is early in the morning (around 5-7am) because your mind is fresh. So if there's anything you keep forgetting no matter how many times you go over it, it's better to do it in the morning. Another thing I did to prepare for my GCSEs was created a key sheet. So I got an A3 paper and split it into 3 sections; keywords, key quotes and key stories (like Jairus' Daughter for Christianity). Do a brain dump first and see what you know then add the things you missed out in a different colour. You can continue doing this process during your revision period.hope this helped! btw I have some Christianity Sikhism resources that I created and used for my exams, so check it out!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (113)
13.88%
I'm not sure (36)
4.42%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (247)
30.34%
I have already dropped out (20)
2.46%
I'm not a current university student (398)
48.89%

Watched Threads