stephhhnda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am really conflicted on what university to go to.
Here’s some background information on me; I’m from London and predicated AABB at A-level. I also have a B in AS Film Studies.

For university i’ve applied to the following to study film;
Norwich Arts University (Unconditional offer)/ Interview
UAL/LCC (Conditional offer) /No interview
Ravensbourne (Conditional offer)/ Interview
Arts University Bournemouth (Conditional offer)/No interview
Kent (Conditional offer)/No interview

Okay just to put into perspective so I DO NOT plan on going to either Ravensbourne/Kent/Arts Bournemouth for different reasons.

I’m conflicted about Norwich vs LCC, LCC is quite a difficult university to get into no idea whether prestigious is the right word. It’s a highly-competitive university so it’ll push me. I love what the course offers, I’m thinking of going to the applicant day but I am holding it off for now. I am also worried about accommodation as I really only leave less than an hour away and I don’t want to be living at home and going to university.

Okay now, Norwich. Norwich has the full package or it seems that way maybe, there’s a BBC headquarters. Norwich is one of the ONLY outside London University I actually feel safe going because of the links they have back to London. From the open day, to my interview to receiving my offer it was good. It felt finally good to receive validation (always be strong within yourself but validation from other people feels nice sometimes) from an expert who works within the industry, plus the person that interview me sent a personalised messsge which is nice (no idea if they do that to everyone).

I just want to make it clear regardless of where I go I still know I have talent and potential, I just want to go to the right place to thrive. I heard if you accept an unconditional offer you can’t go elsewhere.
I want to look at things from a different perspective, and see other people’s views or whether someone’s going through a similar situation.

*** If anyone wants info about the University listed up there like interview tips or course structure. Comment or hit me up. I’m not here too often but I’ll try my best.

Thanks for anyone who replies.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by stephhhnda)
I am really conflicted on what university to go to.
Here’s some background information on me; I’m from London and predicated AABB at A-level. I also have a B in AS Film Studies.

For university i’ve applied to the following to study film;
Norwich Arts University (Unconditional offer)/ Interview
UAL/LCC (Conditional offer) /No interview
Ravensbourne (Conditional offer)/ Interview
Arts University Bournemouth (Conditional offer)/No interview
Kent (Conditional offer)/No interview

Okay just to put into perspective so I DO NOT plan on going to either Ravensbourne/Kent/Arts Bournemouth for different reasons.

I’m conflicted about Norwich vs LCC, LCC is quite a difficult university to get into no idea whether prestigious is the right word. It’s a highly-competitive university so it’ll push me. I love what the course offers, I’m thinking of going to the applicant day but I am holding it off for now. I am also worried about accommodation as I really only leave less than an hour away and I don’t want to be living at home and going to university.

Okay now, Norwich. Norwich has the full package or it seems that way maybe, there’s a BBC headquarters. Norwich is one of the ONLY outside London University I actually feel safe going because of the links they have back to London. From the open day, to my interview to receiving my offer it was good. It felt finally good to receive validation (always be strong within yourself but validation from other people feels nice sometimes) from an expert who works within the industry, plus the person that interview me sent a personalised messsge which is nice (no idea if they do that to everyone).

I just want to make it clear regardless of where I go I still know I have talent and potential, I just want to go to the right place to thrive. I heard if you accept an unconditional offer you can’t go elsewhere.
I want to look at things from a different perspective, and see other people’s views or whether someone’s going through a similar situation.

*** If anyone wants info about the University listed up there like interview tips or course structure. Comment or hit me up. I’m not here too often but I’ll try my best.

Thanks for anyone who replies.
It sounds like you want to go to Norwich. I would say go to the LCC applicant day but unless they convince you that you’d be happier and better taught there than at NUA then go with your instincts (basically go to an applicant day to help you avoid “what if”s bothering you at NUA)
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
BBC headquarters in Norwich, you learn something new everyday! That alone should seal the deal combined with your U conditional offer.. they want you, you want them!
stephhhnda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thank you guys for your replies, I’ll definitely look into the LCC Applicant Day
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.47%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (28)
16.09%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.79%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (47)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.97%

Watched Threads