chances of getting HIV Watch

BesottedSeaWhack
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Did something rather silly this weekend on a drunken night. Anyway i'll skip the details and it ended with deep open mouth kissing and receiving a blowjob from a gay guy. I don't know if this guy was HIV positive or anything i'm just worried. Would i be at risk?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BesottedSeaWhack)
Did something rather silly this weekend on a drunken night. Anyway i'll skip the details and it ended with deep open mouse kidding and a blowjob from a gay guy. I don't know if this guy was HIV positive or anything i'm just worried. Would i be at risk?
Only way to know is to get tested.
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
http://www.tht.org.uk/sexual-health/...nprotected-sex
Hiraeth.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, gay people have a higher risk of getting STI's

Go check up
kateeliz
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did something rather silly this weekend on a drunken night. Anyway i'll skip the details and it ended with deep open mouse kissing and receiving a blowjob from a gay guy. I don't know if this guy was HIV positive or anything i'm just worried. Would i be at risk?
You cannot get HIV by kissing someone who has HIV as it's not transmitted through saliva; neither by having oral sex performed on you. There's a risk if you have sores on your genitals and that the other person has bleeding gums for example.

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. It's still worth getting tested if you are worried.
JTfoxlove
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Always worth getting regular tests if you're sexually active. Your risk is low based upon the activity you've mentioned.

Protection is important regardless of whom you have sex with:

Half of all new HIV diagnoses (54%) in 2016 were reported among men who have sex with men, while 19% and 22% of diagnoses reported were among heterosexual men and women respectively.3

Public Health England (2017) ‘Towards elimination of HIV transmission, AIDS and HIV-related deaths in the UK’ [pdf]

HIV and AIDS is a human problem - its not just something that impacts any one population.
unprinted
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it ended with deep open mouse kissing and receiving a blowjob from a gay guy. I don't know if this guy was HIV positive or anything i'm just worried. Would i be at risk?
Trying to get the image of 'deep open mouse kissing' out of my mind...

He probably isn't HIV+. Even if he is, he's probably on treatment that means he couldn't infect you if he came inside your bum. Even if he's not, the HIV risk from receiving oral is absolutely minimal: certainly less than one in ten thousand and probably nil.

It's possible you might have got something else. Particularly if you any symptoms - pain on peeing etc - then get tested for things like chlamydia etc.
unprinted
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JTfoxlove)
HIV and AIDS is a human problem - its not just something that impacts any one population.
That's true, but it affects some populations a lot more than others. Just under half of the infections of presumed heterosexual people happened abroad, typically in sub-Saharan Africa. If you just look at infections in the UK, there's an even more noticeable disparity than the one implied by 54% vs 19% & 22%.
JTfoxlove
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Agreed and we need to make sure we avoid being reductive or stigmatising any single population, which is why I put stress on these particular statistics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (133)
18.6%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (72)
10.07%
No I am happy with my course choice (407)
56.92%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (103)
14.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed