QueenBrooke
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

I am studying for the new New Testament paper for Edexcel Religious Studies A Level and have received an offer from Oxford University and am desperate for the A grade in this paper which I am finding extremely difficult.

One topic in particular I am having difficulty understanding is Source Criticism. Can anybody briefly explain the aspects needed to know and also how I will need to apply this in the exam?

Also, if there are any general tips for the New Testament exam, that would be great.

Thank you,
Brooke
harvey1306
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi!

I know exactly how you feel we're doing the same exam and I'm desperate for the A grade. I've recently bought these books tailored to our course on amazon and they're really good. The author is called Jonathan Rowe and he's made a book for each topic on the New Testament spec.

i hope this helps! btw do you have any predictions/questions on what might come up or any good resources?
QueenBrooke
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by harvey1306)
Hi!

I know exactly how you feel we're doing the same exam and I'm desperate for the A grade. I've recently bought these books tailored to our course on amazon and they're really good. The author is called Jonathan Rowe and he's made a book for each topic on the New Testament spec.

i hope this helps! btw do you have any predictions/questions on what might come up or any good resources?
Thank you so much, I will definitely look at the books! I think that the paper will be relatively kind as we are the first cohort, but all of the topics are rather tricky, especially when they are tailored around the set text. I am really hoping for questions on the 'I am' sayings or the Messianic Secret etc rather than source criticism and trial and arrest of Jesus etc. In terms of resources, they seem to be scarce
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (518)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.34%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.56%

Watched Threads