The Student Room Group

How to prepare for your A Levels in one month?

I have four subjects( Physics, Maths , Chemistry and Accounting) . I am confused....I got one month left. My exams start form May 9. How should I prepare myself? Can anyone give me a detailed guide? I have prepared all the notes for my subjects and I have just started with past papers. How can I utilize the remaining length of time in the most effective way?
Original post by ryanhassan
I have four subjects( Physics, Maths , Chemistry and Accounting) . I am confused....I got one month left. My exams start form May 9. How should I prepare myself? Can anyone give me a detailed guide? I have prepared all the notes for my subjects and I have just started with past papers. How can I utilize the remaining length of time in the most effective way?

Get through as many past papers as possible, and go through them again if you finish. Write out your notes as many times as you can, each time making them briefer and briefer until you no longer need them.
Reply 2
Original post by The_Maestro
Get through as many past papers as possible, and go through them again if you finish. Write out your notes as many times as you can, each time making them briefer and briefer until you no longer need them.

Should I study every subject every day/
Should I study every subject every day/

No, either study one of them, or perhaps two, but you don't have enough time in a day to study four subjects.
Reply 4
Original post by The_Maestro
No, either study one of them, or perhaps two, but you don't have enough time in a day to study four subjects.

can we chat?

here is a detailed guide since i did similar subjects to you:
every day split into focusing on 2 subjects and then a bitesize of the 3rd
let me give you an example of an ideal day:
im presuming by your name you are muslim so...
1) tahajjud (its worth praying this to ace your exams)
2) fajr (legit pray that your memory increases to especially for chemistry and physics)
3) STAY AWAKE AFTER FAJR! this early morning time has the most blessings and memorisation is at its PEAK! i remeber i used to want to fall asleep on my desk but trust me, you get so in the zone revising that you dont realise 3 hours has passed and its so PRODUCTIVE
4) early morning- do memory recall, eg. do chemistry electrons and bonding read over notes and then do QUESTIONS BY TOPIC (from physic maths tutor.com) that should take like 2 hours
5) your break can be eating food, pray the next salah, read a page of quran before the next study session
6) sit back on your desk and do say physics e.g the momentum pivot stuff (its been a while ive forgotten the topics) again go over your notes and do questions by topics for another 2 hours
7) break, stuff your face, maybe just clear your desk
8) do maths past papers questions by topic for say c2, but then do maybe half a full past papers for c1 or M1... this can then be completed the following day (so just do a bitesize amount so when if comes to the next day you are like "ive already done half of it, so might aswell finish the rest, wont take that long")
oh yeah don't forget the study duas
you should be done before 6 pm

after that do whatever the hell you want.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by mygradesarecrap
2) fajr (legit pray that your memory increases to especially for chemistry and physics)
3) STAY AWAKE AFTER FAJR! this early morning time has the most blessings and memorisation is at its PEAK! i remeber i used to want to fall asleep on my desk but trust me, you get so in the zone revising that you dont realise 3 hours has passed and its so PRODUCTIVE
4) early morning- do memory recall, eg. do chemistry electrons and bonding read over notes and then do QUESTIONS BY TOPIC (from physic maths tutor.com) that should take like 2 hours
5) your break can be eating food, pray the next salah, read a page of quran before the next study session
6) sit back on your desk and do say physics e.g the momentum pivot stuff (its been a while ive forgotten the topics) again go over your notes and do questions by topics for another 2 hours
8) do maths past papers questions by topic for say c2, but then do maybe minimum 2 FULL past papers for c1 and M1

wow bro!!! amazing. is it possible for us to chat? it will make my day
Reply 7
8) do maths past papers questions by topic for say c2, but then do maybe half a full past papers for c1 or M1... this can then be completed the following day (so just do a bitesize amount so when if comes to the next day you are like "ive already done half of it, so might aswell finish the rest, wont take that long")

pls bro....can we chat for sometime? it would be very helpful.
wow bro!!! amazing. is it possible for us to chat? it will make my day

bro? im a girl ahaaa, but sure we can chat about revision purposes
Reply 9
oops sorry sister. thanks .
Subjects by order or priority, what needs the most work, do that first, and then overtime work towards subjects you feel more confident in, by putting in the hard work first, it feels more satisfying as you overcome it so you have a nice little bit of downtime doing comfy topics
oops sorry sister. thanks .

ahaa no worries, inshaAllah you pass your exams!:smile:
Reply 12

Damn, just these this post was from 5 years ago. I hope everything is going well with your career, Alhamdullilah despite being stressed your plan has seemed to help me over the last few days. My A Levels are in a month, and I am really stressed and don't seem to remember any content BUT your plan is helping a lot tysmmm!!!!
Original post by hasan0127
Damn, just these this post was from 5 years ago. I hope everything is going well with your career, Alhamdullilah despite being stressed your plan has seemed to help me over the last few days. My A Levels are in a month, and I am really stressed and don't seem to remember any content BUT your plan is helping a lot tysmmm!!!

Hi, yes that post is good advice, especially the memorisation in the early mornings and the topic by topic revision. For Maths, the skillset builds up layer by layer, and so before you do exam practice questions, you just want to make sure you have solid foundations in core maths on the level that should have been covered in year 12, before going to harder problems in year 11. For example make sure you are solid on algebra and differentiation in calculus. I have been thinking about how to identify weaknesses in foundations and I set up some quizzes in the study area of my website fluentinmaths.com. These are in the order of importance - algebra, calculus, trigonometry - they are at the level you should find easy and cover year 12 knowledge mostly - if you find you are making mistakes in any area (e.g differentiation), then revise the actual content such as the formula and proofs - before going on to exam practice. Hope this helps - if you try out the quizzes let me know how it goes either on here or via the site.

Latest