The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Religious Studies Paper 1 05 Jun 2018 [Exam Discussion]

hey guys,

I'm taking this exam in the summer and was wondering how everybody is revising/preparing especially as we don't have a textbook.

has anyone got any practice exam questions/predictions on what might come up?

thanks guys!

Scroll to see replies

my teacher gave us old chapters from books t to make notes on and i watch videos and make mindmaps
has anyone got notes on christianity for paper 3 - literally just started learning it this week
I'm finding it really difficult without a text book- everything is taking twice as long to revise as I'm having to use notes from class and the internet! I Have hardly any notes for Christianity and can't really find much online either! How are you finding it?
Reply 4
Everyone ready!? Im soooo nervous. Anything could come up
How is the last minute revision going guys? Ready for the exam? :smile:
Reply 6
does anyone have any predictions of what could come up?
Reply 7
I'm so scared as they didn't release an actual textbook and the question especially the extract one is really confusing
how did u find the exam
I found the exam went quite well. You?
Reply 10
Which questions came up?
i dunno, the paper was okay i suppose. the grade boundaries should be lower than normal because we are the first group to do it.
yeah i thought everything was okay except the science question
Reply 13
Original post by annalg19
yeah i thought everything was okay except the science question

What was the science question about, and the 30 mark question?
Reply 14
Science question was anything to do with big bang etc, 30 marker religious language
so happy with the paper! didnt expect problem of evil to come up but everything else was great :h:
Reply 16
what did ppl write for the science question because my dumb arse defined the cosmological argument in my intro then assessed.
Reply 17
Original post by randoxo
what did ppl write for the science question because my dumb arse defined the cosmological argument in my intro then assessed.

Do you remember what the wording of the question was, and which mark question it was?
Guys I think I messed up for the 10 marker. I began analysing it and linking it to William James’ features of a religious experience. I didn’t even mention Russell. Ahhh such an idiot.

Also what kind of points did people make for the 30 marker including the synoptic link?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Yeeticus
Guys I think I messed up for the 10 marker. I began analysing it and linking it to William James’ features of a religious experience. I didn’t even mention Russell. Ahhh such an idiot.

Also what kind of points did people make for the 30 marker including the synoptic link?

What was the 10 mark question?

Quick Reply

Latest