Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel A-level Religious Studies Paper 1 05 Jun 2018 [Exam Discussion] watch

ReputationRep:
    hey guys,

I'm taking this exam in the summer and was wondering how everybody is revising/preparing especially as we don't have a textbook.

has anyone got any practice exam questions/predictions on what might come up?

thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    my teacher gave us old chapters from books t to make notes on and i watch videos and make mindmaps

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got notes on christianity for paper 3 - literally just started learning it this week

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding it really difficult without a text book- everything is taking twice as long to revise as I'm having to use notes from class and the internet! I Have hardly any notes for Christianity and can't really find much online either! How are you finding it?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone ready!? Im soooo nervous. Anything could come up
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    How is the last minute revision going guys? Ready for the exam?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any predictions of what could come up?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so scared as they didn't release an actual textbook and the question especially the extract one is really confusing

ReputationRep:
    how did u find the exam

ReputationRep:
    I found the exam went quite well. You?

ReputationRep:
    Which questions came up?

ReputationRep:
    i dunno, the paper was okay i suppose. the grade boundaries should be lower than normal because we are the first group to do it.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i thought everything was okay except the science question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annalg19)
    yeah i thought everything was okay except the science question
    What was the science question about, and the 30 mark question?

ReputationRep:
    Science question was anything to do with big bang etc, 30 marker religious language

ReputationRep:
    so happy with the paper! didnt expect problem of evil to come up but everything else was great

ReputationRep:
    what did ppl write for the science question because my dumb arse defined the cosmological argument in my intro then assessed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randoxo)
    what did ppl write for the science question because my dumb arse defined the cosmological argument in my intro then assessed.
    Do you remember what the wording of the question was, and which mark question it was?

ReputationRep:
    Guys I think I messed up for the 10 marker. I began analysing it and linking it to William James’ features of a religious experience. I didn’t even mention Russell. Ahhh such an idiot.

Also what kind of points did people make for the 30 marker including the synoptic link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yeeticus)
    Guys I think I messed up for the 10 marker. I began analysing it and linking it to William James’ features of a religious experience. I didn’t even mention Russell. Ahhh such an idiot.

Also what kind of points did people make for the 30 marker including the synoptic link?
    What was the 10 mark question?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 28, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.