what should year 11 students be doing at the moment?

Watch
lanababe78
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
hiya,

i was just wondering what year 11 students should be doing at this point in terms of revision? should we be trying memorise things, be doing doing past papers? also, how long do you think we should be working/studying/revising- during the holidays, and in term time?

thank you so much for any replies x
lanababe78
Rep:
?
bump?
Racsoix
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Depends on what you need to work on and how you work best. For some reviewing things they've done in lessons is enough because they get all the content the first time around. However for others more revision would be necessary. Just work on whatever you feel you're weak with. I heard past papers were pretty useful for doing that.
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Eating a Greggs Pasty
MimiElf
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do as much testing as possible . You should be doing this from as early as possible - it'll help you remember it properly and also highlight the areas you struggle to either understand or remember. I'm working through topics making notes, but whilst I do this I write myself tests, flashcards etc. I then try and spend part of each day returning to the tests I made previous days (in different subjects) and seeing how I do. Then the areas I don't get right I spend more time on..
Basically I'm ensuring the core understanding is in place, so that as the exams get closer I can just concentrate on learning it by heart.
I've also started using Seneca Learning (https://senecalearning.com/) which I find helpful at pacing me quite well in terms of level of reviison. Just spend a bit of time on it each day, trying to do a couple of modules in a few subjects...
lanababe78
Rep:
?
(Original post by MimiElf)
Do as much testing as possible . You should be doing this from as early as possible - it'll help you remember it properly and also highlight the areas you struggle to either understand or remember. I'm working through topics making notes, but whilst I do this I write myself tests, flashcards etc. I then try and spend part of each day returning to the tests I made previous days (in different subjects) and seeing how I do. Then the areas I don't get right I spend more time on..
Basically I'm ensuring the core understanding is in place, so that as the exams get closer I can just concentrate on learning it by heart.
I've also started using Seneca Learning (https://senecalearning.com/) which I find helpful at pacing me quite well in terms of level of reviison. Just spend a bit of time on it each day, trying to do a couple of modules in a few subjects...
thank you so, so much for replying- this has been most helpful!
good luck with your exams! x
lanababe78
Rep:
?
(Original post by Racsoix)
Depends on what you need to work on and how you work best. For some reviewing things they've done in lessons is enough because they get all the content the first time around. However for others more revision would be necessary. Just work on whatever you feel you're weak with. I heard past papers were pretty useful for doing that.
thank you so much for taking the time out to reply! x
lanababe78
Rep:
?
thank you so, so much for taking the time to reply- this has been incredibly helpful, thank you x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (418)
56.56%
I don't have everything I need (321)
43.44%

Watched Threads