The Student Room Group

Interview in a pub

Hi,
Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Wasn't sure where to put it.

I've got an interview for a volunteering position. It's taking place in a pub as they don't have an office.

I've only ever been in a pub with my parents years ago, I've never drunk in one (I am old enough). What's the ettiquete, more importantly what do I drink? I'm not a huge fan of alcohol but want to make a good impression on the person I'm meeting. I'm male btw.

Thanks
Original post by Frog18

It's an interview, so it's perfectly professional, to ask for a coffee, or a soft drink. Even an informal interview in a location like that, it would still be usual to treat it like the workplace and not drink alcohol.
Original post by Frog18
Hi,
Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Wasn't sure where to put it.

I've got an interview for a volunteering position. It's taking place in a pub as they don't have an office.

I've only ever been in a pub with my parents years ago, I've never drunk in one (I am old enough). What's the ettiquete, more importantly what do I drink? I'm not a huge fan of alcohol but want to make a good impression on the person I'm meeting. I'm male btw.

Thanks

It is still an interview (possibly informal as it is in a pub)). I wouldn't worry about it, but still appear professional. Due to the nature of the situation, I wouldn't suggest to drink alcohol - be sensible and order a soft drink instead.
Some employers do hold (informal) interviews in relaxed environments to see how you are in this type of environment.
Remember that they are trying to get to know you (whole point of interviews really) so avoid saying short yes and no to all the questions they ask. It's building rapport and (meaningful) conversations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending