xoelisee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thought I would make a thread on exam revision for us university students and ask how everyone is doing?

I'm in my final year and exams start later this month and I have 0 motivation. This year has been so intense with my dissertation and assignments that I don't have the energy to revise properly yet. Anyone else feeling the same?
username2088029
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, nice to meet you xoelisee, and thank you for making this thread. I'm a second year biomedical science student coming to the end of my year and literally all my time and energy was spent going to and coming from lectures and making sure my assignments were 100% perfect, and to be honest it paid off cause I got 90-100 in all my assignments, giving me less marks to achieve in the exam to get a first which is both a huge relief and also a big burden off my shoulders but unfortunately it had a huge side-effect that, like yourself I've been suffering from a huge burnout since I would say November and literally I have 0 motivation or energy to revise for my exams although my first one is on the 23rd of April, but somehow I've managed to get some motivation and i'm literally blitzing through everything and thankfully the content is interesting and is sticking in my brain. Most of my days are spent revising till like 1 am and then binge watching tv shows on my phone whilst sipping monster energy drink till like 3 am and then repeat. Sorry for the long post, but it felt good to vent, and if you feel like venting or if you just want someone to talk to then feel free to message me/private message me and we can discuss further.
xoelisee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Dark_Knight123)
Hey, nice to meet you xoelisee, and thank you for making this thread. I'm a second year biomedical science student coming to the end of my year and literally all my time and energy was spent going to and coming from lectures and making sure my assignments were 100% perfect, and to be honest it paid off cause I got 90-100 in all my assignments, giving me less marks to achieve in the exam to get a first which is both a huge relief and also a big burden off my shoulders but unfortunately it had a huge side-effect that, like yourself I've been suffering from a huge burnout since I would say November and literally I have 0 motivation or energy to revise for my exams although my first one is on the 23rd of April, but somehow I've managed to get some motivation and i'm literally blitzing through everything and thankfully the content is interesting and is sticking in my brain. Most of my days are spent revising till like 1 am and then binge watching tv shows on my phone whilst sipping monster energy drink till like 3 am and then repeat. Sorry for the long post, but it felt good to vent, and if you feel like venting or if you just want someone to talk to then feel free to message me/private message me and we can discuss further.
I'm also a biomed student but 3rd year and my first exam is salso on 23rd April! What is your revision plan? I'm going through one module per day and typing up lecture notes along with additional reading, then I plan to condense it onto one A4 page per lecture (so each module will be condensed onto 10 A4 pages).

How much revision have you done so far? I have read through every module's lectures once, but have only typed up notes for half of one module (I have six exams in total).
username2088029
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My revision plan is to read the lecture notes and remember them whilst adding a bit of extra information in accordance with previous exam questions cause all my exams are split into 2 sections, with the first being MCQ's or definitions (one exam) and then the second is just essay questions, so just by remembering the lecture notes and plus a bit more i'll be able to get really good marks in the essay sections of my exams, whilst hopefully smashing the MCQ/definition part of the exam to give me a really good mark for the exam. In total I have four exams: one for each module i'm taking this year, and every day i'm doing about 2/3 hours of revision for the module that I do on that day, and sometimes I do more depending on my mental capacity to take in and absorb the information in, but I've got a good jist of all the hard topics for the module that my first exam is gonna be on that have been covered and I've got only a few bits and bobs to do. I'm hoping to be more productive and squeeze more hours of revision in my day, it's just some days I just don't feel up to it, and some days I just do everything else but revise, such as watching the football. It's time like these I wonder if i'm really cut out for medicine........
izpenguin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm in final year and I have 7 exams, starting in 1 month. I am quite behind my revision because I spent far too long on one module. It didn't help that I did not do enough work for that module when it was being taught, and in the first week of the Easter holidays it was hard to get started because I was burnt out from the term. I took the whole 4 day weekend off and that has made me feel better and I'm smashing through it now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?