Getting a Phone Contract on 18th Birthday Watch

benj2405
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can I ask people what their experiences have been with trying to get a Phone Contract shortly after their 18th?

I would really like to get a new iPhone shortly afterwards, though I’m just thinking what might be the best way to prove I’m Creditworthy, especially since I won’t have any Credit History.

And no, I can’t ask my parents since they both fell out with Vodafone and destroyed their credit histories.

Any recent experiences?
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was able to get my sister a contract phone under my name but paid by her when I was 18 and she was 17. It was pretty simple.
MajorFader
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Bumping this
Qway
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by benj2405)
Can I ask people what their experiences have been with trying to get a Phone Contract shortly after their 18th?

I would really like to get a new iPhone shortly afterwards, though I’m just thinking what might be the best way to prove I’m Creditworthy, especially since I won’t have any Credit History.

And no, I can’t ask my parents since they both fell out with Vodafone and destroyed their credit histories.

Any recent experiences?
You do have a job right? To pay for your phone and bill. If you can show them that then they I think it’s possible
benj2405
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Qway)
You do have a job right? To pay for your phone and bill. If you can show them that then they I think it’s possible
Vodafone approved my Contract straight away without any questions, I could have actually had an iPhone X if I wanted to, though in the end decided to just get a SIMO contract.
OutKast
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago

Any recent experiences?
I think they just watch out for bad credit histories, you should be alright if yours is blank.
MajorFader
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Vodafone approved my Contract straight away without any questions, I could have actually had an iPhone X if I wanted to, though in the end decided to just get a SIMO contract.
You did it on the day you turned 18?
benj2405
Rep:
?
(Original post by MajorFader)
You did it on the day you turned 18?
Yes I did. I know I have a very interesting life
MajorFader
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Yes I did. I know I have a very interesting life
No no no I wasn’t being passive, I genuinely wanted to know. Did you go in store or online?
benj2405
Rep:
?
(Original post by MajorFader)
No no no I wasn’t being passive, I genuinely wanted to know. Did you go in store or online?
In the Vodafone Shop. I had this theory that because they can actually check ID etc in the shop, chances of success were higher.

I was served by the Assistant Manager, who actually seemed doubtful that I'd be accepted.

He was then quite surprised when their system accepted the application straightaway.
MajorFader
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
In the Vodafone Shop. I had this theory that because they can actually check ID etc in the shop, chances of success were higher.

I was served by the Assistant Manager, who actually seemed doubtful that I'd be accepted.

He was then quite surprised when their system accepted the application straightaway.
Thanks, you have given me more hope. Lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (133)
18.6%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (72)
10.07%
No I am happy with my course choice (407)
56.92%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (103)
14.41%

Watched Threads