I'm a 24 year old female - never had a boyfriend

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is it normal? Socially acceptable? I want to lie to people saying I at least had 1 because they tend to assume I'm a lying attention seeker. What would you guys do? It makes me realise how weird I am and the thing is, I don't mind being like this tbh. It's just about how people perceive me.
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is it normal? Socially acceptable? I want to lie to people saying I at least had 1 because they tend to assume I'm a lying attention seeker. What would you guys do? It makes me realise how weird I am and the thing is, I don't mind being like this tbh. It's just about how people perceive me.
I can assure you most won't care either way
GlockInmyRari
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think it's normal and i wouldn't know why anyone would find it weird. Lying about it doesn't make it better. Don't worry about it.
Potatooooo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah if people are judging you it's probably because they're the type of person to judge everyone on everything just to feel better about themselves
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
Nobody elses business, nobody cares and you can brush them off easily. Plenty of time for you to meet the right person.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kyber Ninja)
I can assure you most won't care either way
Well, this one guy got pretty mad at me for "lying" and said "ugh all girls say that". Tbh, I've never heard of another girl saying that - not when they're 24 lol.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
Nobody elses business, nobody cares and you can brush them off easily. Plenty of time for you to meet the right person.
I hope so because it's just sad that I have to lie to seem like I am not a liar. Maybe that guy who thought I was lying is making me feel like this but the problem is I realised that other people might also think I'm a liar but they don't tell me
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SpongebobSwag)
I think it's normal and i wouldn't know why anyone would find it weird. Lying about it doesn't make it better. Don't worry about it.
but if i lie it will make me less self conscious and more comfortable because i feel like they think i'm a liar
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
I’m 24 and the same!

Like you I’m not really bothered about relationships burn you so wonder what people think. But I always think that if someone was to judge you based on that alone, or think you are a liar, are they worth your time?
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well, this one guy got pretty mad at me for "lying" and said "ugh all girls say that". Tbh, I've never heard of another girl saying that - not when they're 24 lol.
There will always be delusional people, no matter what the topic

I would just ignore him.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
I hope so because it's just sad that I have to lie to seem like I am not a liar. Maybe that guy who thought I was lying is making me feel like this but the problem is I realised that other people might also think I'm a liar but they don't tell me
Work on self confidence an self esteem, then you wont care. Know your own value and dont be affected by the opinion of those who do not matter.
Sis12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Girl live your life you don’t need a man and there’s no point lying about it to be honest is it going to make any difference? No it won’t it’s better if your honest don’t you think it would make them feel special to be your first boyfriend? Or maybe it might be all new to the male too
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
Id assume less common for women? but It happens.
Iv always been single at 25.
It shouldn't be something to be ashamed of but I know it can feel that way when you compare your self to a group of your friends. Most of my friends and family are more successful than me in love and life.
mjackson1987
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
im no gd with advice but when it comes to getting a boyfriend you dont need to mention anything about past relationships, every guy i knw, me included hate hearing about their gf's past bf's, when your in a relationship the only thing that matters is you 2 not any1 from the past
Anonymous #4
Report 2 years ago
I was straight ,was married with women , i loved a lot the girl but he leave me for another ricci man an leave me bad love
My mind is chances to think to mens
From 4 years i love a lot to find special man for my life ,because i fell diferent happy with man
chris_mm
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It depends on the social circle you're in. There are people who will find it weird and will call you a liar, but you should ditch them ASAP.

As for me, the lack of experience only makes you cuter and more fragile and i would want to treat you even better than i would. I'm fairly certain that when you find a great guy, he won't care at all. I know plenty of girls around 23 who never had a boyfriend and they're cute as hell, it just wasn't their priority so to speak.
username3756768
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
100% socially acceptable. Kind of attractive if you ask me haha if I found you physically attractive I'd kind of like that I could be your first boyfriend because it means we can explore everything together
alicesmiloves
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You shouldn't care if it's socially acceptable, you are still young and there's no timeline you need to follow to be socially acceptable. People pressure others to do things when they should be done but that is not the case for everyone. You don't need to be at a certain stage in your life at an exact age. The right person will come along and it's better to find your significant other when you're more mature and stable. So don't fret and enjoy your life
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.71%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.29%

Watched Threads