Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich,Germany

Watch
NoApproximations
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So anyone here knows the exact requirements for Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich?
And the main thing that I wanted to know, are the instructions there in University given in German language?
Also can you peeps give me some ideas about the part time jobs available there? Is it compulsory to learn the German language if you just want to complete your Bachelor's degree there?
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by NoApproximations)
So anyone here knows the exact requirements for Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich?
And the main thing that I wanted to know, are the instructions there in University given in German language?
Also can you peeps give me some ideas about the part time jobs available there? Is it compulsory to learn the German language if you just want to complete your Bachelor's degree there?
Its the closest thing Germany has to oxbridge, its also the most expensive area of germany to live in. Living in Germany/working there without knowing German is hard to say the least. Competition for places is likely pretty tough, even though this isnt stated as in your face as some british universities. Since their are no "entry requirements" except for medicine there are numerus clausus for oversubscribed courses... this means they take the best candidates without any real clarification. Apply there but do so expecting rejection. Also its a long hard application they require quite a bit.. Lastly be aware some courses may be delivered partially in German... and German university has notorious fail rates. As all universities are public and professors have no pressure to graduate students, you will need to be very disciplined and independent in study. There wont be alot of slides and extra support like at a British university.

I dont know everything specifically, but i am german-american, i can speak german perfectly but my writing (never formally went to school there) isnt university standard so i ran to the UK. Wanted to go netherlands (where fully in english means fully in english) however they didnt want home students just foreign ones.. (i needed to do a private foundation to bridge my us hs diploma).
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
LMU Munich does not offer any Bachelor degrees taught in English, and for German-taught degrees, you will need to learn German (and pass a German language test) before you apply.

What are your goals, do you want to learn German or just study in Germany? What subject would you like to study?
NoApproximations
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Well I would either study Computer science or Computer Engineering (Will decide it after I'm done with A Levels)
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
Well I would either study Computer science or Computer Engineering (Will decide it after I'm done with A Levels)
Use https://www.study-in.de/en/plan-your...nd-university/ and http://www.eunicas.ie to find English-taught degrees, but I think there are only a couple of Comp Sci degrees in Germany.
collegepath22
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Snufkin)
LMU Munich does not offer any Bachelor degrees taught in English, and for German-taught degrees, you will need to learn German (and pass a German language test) before you apply.

What are your goals, do you want to learn German or just study in Germany? What subject would you like to study?
if you pass the C1 test is that enough or do you need to do Abitur? i want to apply to LMU Munich but i take IB and dont have the abitur. is the C2 test enough?
collegepath22
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what are the Medicine requirements for LMU Munich? is there a specific german test we need to take in order to apply?
mamtat
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by collegepath22)
if you pass the C1 test is that enough or do you need to do Abitur? i want to apply to LMU Munich but i take IB and dont have the abitur. is the C2 test enough?
Yes C1 is enough
(Original post by collegepath22)
what are the Medicine requirements for LMU Munich? is there a specific german test we need to take in order to apply?
It depends on your nationalty. EU/non-EU/German
EU/German apply via https://zv.hochschulstart.de/index.php?id=44 (Foundation for University Admissions)
Non-EU apply directly to the university via the International Office
There is a test for medical schools in Germany (TMS Test für medizinische Studiengänge) at the moment not compulsory but from 2020 will probably be.
Have you already acchived your IB grades? In oder to be competitive you need minimum 42 IB points.
The best you email the university directly
Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.81%
I'm not sure (32)
4.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (215)
31.25%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (330)
47.97%

Watched Threads