Border Force Officer / Assistant 2018 Watch

Sierra20180
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Would we come under CTC, SC or DV security clearance?
shell_xx_shell
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Sierra20180)
Would we come under CTC, SC or DV security clearance?
It was purely an example. In order to answer all your questions why donโ€™t you make a list and email over to [email protected] and then you will have the exact information for this role.
Runner1708
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dan.ashley)
I applied yesterday for Manchester. I'm yet to hear anything about the online tests though!
Same here. Not heard anything
shell_xx_shell
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amywhit)
Same here. Not heard anything
I called them yesterday and will be by Friday - but this is civil service...nothing is ever simple!
Runner1708
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by shell_xx_shell)
I called them yesterday and will be by Friday - but this is civil service...nothing is ever simple!
Lol thanks for the update x
MorganR85
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied yesterday for Manchester. I'm yet to hear anything about the online tests though!
Hey, did you have the question in your application about 'understanding why things happen?' it's thrown me a bit ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผ*โ™‚๏ธ
Any help would be appreciated
MorganR85
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So, how about this 'why it's important, personally, to understand why things happen?' question on the application !!
It's thrown me a little bit.. Anyone else? ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผ*โ™‚๏ธ
Any help or useful info/sites would be MASSIVELY appreciated. Thanks guys!
shell_xx_shell
Rep:
?
Online tests are here!!! Check emails and junk
Sierra20180
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Online tests are here!!! Check emails and junk
Once you sign into the online test do you have to do it there and then or can you save and come back to it later?
Sierra20180
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MorganR85)
So, how about this 'why it's important, personally, to understand why things happen?' question on the application !!
It's thrown me a little bit.. Anyone else? ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผ*โ™‚๏ธ
Any help or useful info/sites would be MASSIVELY appreciated. Thanks guys!

Have a look at the competency framework, thatโ€™s quite useful! Although I struggled with that one too! Where are you applying for? Good luck ๐Ÿ€
ksq
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Once you sign into the online test do you have to do it there and then or can you save and come back to it later?
No. You will have a short practice opportunity first. Once the actual starts you have between 1.5 to 1 minute to speed read a passage, and selection 1 of 4 answers most relevant to the question, this could be asking select the statement which is true, or it could ask select the statement which is not true. Good luck.
Runner1708
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I struggled with that one! I didnโ€™t put a lot of detail!
My test has arrived ๐Ÿ˜
ksq
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The test is nothing to worry about guys. I've just completed it. Just ensure your speed reading skills are in check as you have around 1 minute to read and answer each question. No feedback was provided.
MorganR85
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have a look at the competency framework, thatโ€™s quite useful! Although I struggled with that one too! Where are you applying for? Good luck ๐Ÿ€
Thankyou! I'll have a good look tbrough it all this eve. That's what I mean, it's a bit of a strange question.. Leaves it wide open!
I'm applying for Cardiff & Bristol.
Runner1708
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Any body applying for Manchester? I could only put my first choice down, everywhere else is too far ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
dan.ashley
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Amywhit)
Any body applying for Manchester? I could only put my first choice down, everywhere else is too far ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
Me! I'm exactly the same I only applied for there too
Runner1708
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Me! I'm exactly the same I only applied for there too
Hopefully just us then ๐Ÿ˜‚
Runner1708
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Test all done โœ… Fingers crossed ๐Ÿคž
shell_xx_shell
Rep:
?
I would think as the next stage is a panel they will do it all together and this panel stage is due to be done between 2nd and 15th May so need to forget it for a while ๐Ÿ˜Š
chbrown
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes questions are the same. There are the same 4 for everyone. Iโ€™m not going to type out an answer but for example ....why do you think you will be a good border force officer?
Talk about the strengths you have ... eg one of the compentancy for the role is blah blah blah and I have the ability to meet this because I am dedicated, etc etc ... link any strength you are giving examples of back to the info in the candidate pack.

Thatโ€™s what I did. ๐Ÿ˜Š
What if you don't do well in your online test. It was a lot of information to read in little time and I also missed two questions as they were timed out. When will I know if I past the online test? Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (12)
7.06%
They've been reasonable (69)
40.59%
Not feeling great... (44)
25.88%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)
26.47%

Watched Threads