The Student Room Group

Border Force Officer / Assistant 2018

Scroll to see replies

I received my interview email for Newcastle. I'd be interested to know if notes are allowed in the interview. I wouldn't normally do this but at the last interview I had, notes were expected. Can anybody clarify this? :smile:
Reply 781
Original post by Muskrat86
I received my interview email for Newcastle. I'd be interested to know if notes are allowed in the interview. I wouldn't normally do this but at the last interview I had, notes were expected. Can anybody clarify this? :smile:

Congratulations that was my first choice can I ask when you applied and if your external please? It seems the emails are starting to come in now. I hope I don’t have to wait much longer. It’s torturous
Original post by idanielp
I applied for same ones in March. Got the email finally today to book the interview. Stress levels were off the chart thinking it s not going to happen.

Congrats! My stress is going through the roof, I’m constantly checking my emails to see about an interview and governing my self the worse anxiety. What notice did they give you for interviews ?
Original post by jamiebridges1881
Congrats! My stress is going through the roof, I’m constantly checking my emails to see about an interview and governing my self the worse anxiety. What notice did they give you for interviews ?

I had options to book for next week Monday to Thursday.
Original post by Jjp2216
My surname starts with P so always last too if that’s the case. Anyone who applied for Plymouth heard yet ?

I’ve applied for Plymouth and two other locations, I haven’t heard anything yet. I’m regularly checking my emails and BF account, just waiting patiently!
Hi - been following this with interest. I applied for as an external for the Heathrow vacancy only. Got email last night inviting me to an interview - was given 2 options, Friday this week (tomorrow) or Monday next week!
Reply 786
Original post by ChaoticSavageX
Hi - been following this with interest. I applied for as an external for the Heathrow vacancy only. Got email last night inviting me to an interview - was given 2 options, Friday this week (tomorrow) or Monday next week!

Congratulations! Nothing like giving a bit of warning 🙈
When you say ‘last night’ was it after normal working hours?
Original post by Zeicho
Congratulations! Nothing like giving a bit of warning 🙈
When you say ‘last night’ was it after normal working hours?

17:39 I received the email.
The notice period given for interviews in some cases is crazy, surely forcing some candidates to take a 'sick' day due to the short notice.

It highlights the fact that the process is very 'hurry up and wait', then boom, they hit you with a 'get a move on'!!
Do you get an email if you haven't been successful and those that have been on the interview, what questions do they ask, do you need to brush up on the job spec and what the job role is etc. Much appreciated
Do applicants receive rejection emails and if those that have been to their interviews, what type of strength based questions do they asks. Is some of it based on the BF role or what the role is meant for you etc
Original post by Toffeeman1
The notice period given for interviews in some cases is crazy, surely forcing some candidates to take a 'sick' day due to the short notice.

It highlights the fact that the process is very 'hurry up and wait', then boom, they hit you with a 'get a move on'!!

Luckily, unluckily, I was made redundant at the weekend, so sick days no longer apply!!
Original post by Gw79
Congratulations that was my first choice can I ask when you applied and if your external please? It seems the emails are starting to come in now. I hope I don’t have to wait much longer. It’s torturous

Hi. I applied in May and did the online test mid May. I got the email at 6 last night. Good luck.
Reply 793
I sent my application off on the 23rd of April and did the online test about a week later and j still haven't heard anything :frown: genuinely feel like I'll be one of the last people to find out!
Don’t stress to much - I applied on 31st March and did my tests on 12th April - I’ve still not had an email or anything so don’t worry about time - it’s got to be soon - good luck
I got mine for Glasgow yesterday! Interview next week. I’m pretty sure it’s all points scores so people who have interviews now will be the top scorers and they are doing it in waves. Don’t worry too much if you don’t have one yet! It can still be coming. Also if heard that it’s a talent bank and there isn’t actually many jobs right now avalible so also don’t worry if you don’t get offered anything right away you can be on the bank list for up to 12 months. Hope this helps people!
Original post by KB_0207
I got mine for Glasgow yesterday! Interview next week. I’m pretty sure it’s all points scores so people who have interviews now will be the top scorers and they are doing it in waves. Don’t worry too much if you don’t have one yet! It can still be coming. Also if heard that it’s a talent bank and there isn’t actually many jobs right now avalible so also don’t worry if you don’t get offered anything right away you can be on the bank list for up to 12 months. Hope this helps people!

No, i don't think it has helped people. :confused::confused:
Okayyy. Wel when you apply then do the online test you are point scored. Then they read the answers to questions on the application and this is again point scored. The people with the most points are offered interviews first. Then the next batch have a few less points and so on. You are further point scored at the interview. They are recruiting for a “talent bank” so people they can offer jobs to when jobs come up (IE if Brexit turns out to be a headache) but in many locations there aren’t actually any empty spaces for people yet. So you can be placed on a sort of bank list for up to 12 months...
Reply 798
I mustn't have done very well points wise then :frown:
Reply 799
Original post by KB_0207
Okayyy. Wel when you apply then do the online test you are point scored. Then they read the answers to questions on the application and this is again point scored. The people with the most points are offered interviews first. Then the next batch have a few less points and so on. You are further point scored at the interview. They are recruiting for a “talent bank” so people they can offer jobs to when jobs come up (IE if Brexit turns out to be a headache) but in many locations there aren’t actually any empty spaces for people yet. So you can be placed on a sort of bank list for up to 12 months...

That sounds about right from what internal applicants who have already been interviewed have been saying. Where did you hear about the talent bank? On the gov website which advertised the role it said 550 vacancies!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending