Thank you 😊
No worries
mikeygamez
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

I have completed my online Verbal Reasoning test, does anyone know if there will be more test? For example a Maths test?
Do they confirm receipt of the test and how you scored?

Good luck to everyone doing it
Bennybutton
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sierra20180)
I was wondering if someone might be able to help me please. I am applying for border force position and the questions on the application form seem to be generic ones and not directly asking any competency questions. I’m familiar with STAR format but I don’t see how I would apply it to questions such as ‘why do you think you would be a good officer?’ And ‘which team was the best team you worked in and why?’ Any help would be much appreciated!
I too am familiar with the STAR concept but didn't see any requirement to apply it to any of the questions within the application. I have been emailed my link to the online test a couple of days ago. I'm currently practising similar tests online prior to doing it for real.
Bennybutton
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sierra20180)
Thank you, I’ve seen that site and it is helpful but on the form it says to refer to the competencies? This is all very confusing! Did you get similar questions to the ones I wrote previously? Did you answer them just as you would a story or was it more structured? Did you give real life working examples or just explained your strengths? I’m just a bit confused on how I need to answer these questions!
I answered the questions as I would have had I been asked them verbally. Hope this helps.
Ehty
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm applying for leedsbradford, submitted my application yesterday now waiting for the test , anyone else for leedsbradford?
Sierra20180
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bennybutton)
I answered the questions as I would have had I been asked them verbally. Hope this helps.
Thank you
chbrown
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MorganR85)
Thankyou! I'll have a good look tbrough it all this eve. That's what I mean, it's a bit of a strange question.. Leaves it wide open!
I'm applying for Cardiff & Bristol.
I have applied for Cardiff & Bristol too, hope we get in, good luck
Bennybutton
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by chbrown)
I’ve applied for Cardiff and Pembroke as I’m in the middle of the two.
shell_xx_shell
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
any fellow Birmingham candidates?
chbrown
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve applied for Cardiff and Pembroke as I’m in the middle of the two.
Great, hope you get through to paper sift, my fingers are crossed too although did'nt think I did too well in my online test but still hoping. Guess we will know the answer after the 22nd April. Shame we were not informed of our scores after completing online test.
Bennybutton
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Great, hope you get through to paper sift, my fingers are crossed too although did'nt think I did too well in my online test but still hoping. Guess we will know the answer after the 22nd April. Shame we were not informed of our scores after completing online test.
I’ve got the links to the online test through, I’m just practising as much as possible with free online tests before doing mine.
Bennybutton
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
With regards to the Cardiff position, I wonder if it’s at the docks or the airport or both.
Bennybutton
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve been wondering what age we all are? Who are Post Grad and who are ex forces etc.

I’m 46 and Ex Army, (23yrs).

Anyone else willing to divulge?
shell_xx_shell
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
32 - ex police / current MOJ
Sierra20180
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are there any fellow people applying for Heathrow? Or Luton (my second choice)

I’m post grad
Sierra20180
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve got the links to the online test through, I’m just practising as much as possible with free online tests before doing mine.
What sorts of tests are you doing?
chbrown
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
[QUOTE=Bennybutton;77126352]With regards to the Cardiff position, I wonder if it’s at the docks or the airport or both.[/QUOTE

I think it could be either the docks or the Airport but I don't mind either as I don't live far from Cardiff
chbrown
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It only give around 75 seconds to read a few paragraphs and answer the question. Hope you do OK.
chbrown
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve been wondering what age we all are? Who are Post Grad and who are ex forces etc.

I’m 46 and Ex Army, (23yrs).

Anyone else willing to divulge?
I've just turned 50 and Ex Police so hope this fits the criteria, I put down experience as i do not have A levels but have GCSE's. Do a bit of cycling so hope my fitness is good
chbrown
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How has everyone done in their online test? Nice to get some feedback
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (207)
14.73%
The paper was reasonable (785)
55.87%
Not feeling great about that exam... (310)
22.06%
It was TERRIBLE (103)
7.33%

Watched Threads