missthea1994
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi

So I've been offered a place for my postgrad course at Loughborough University London and Royal Holloway. Which university has the best reputation for media between these two? All suggestions are welcome.

Thank you
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by missthea1994)
Hi

So I've been offered a place for my postgrad course at Loughborough University London and Royal Holloway. Which university has the best reputation for media between these two? All suggestions are welcome.

Thank you
Hi missthea1994,

Congratulations on receiving an offer! Which course are you hoping to study?

At Royal Holloway, you will be learning from top talent and will have access to our professional grade facilities from our TV studio through to our Edit suites and Sound Studio.

We have a Central London campus where a number of our postgraduate Media Arts courses will be taught as well as in Egham, Surrey which is 40 minutes from London by train. Having access to both campuses gives you the unique opportunity to really make the best of the city and the best of a campus university.

Our courses attract a wide range of students – from talented and enthusiastic graduates to those already in the industry or with relevant experience in other fields who want to step up their careers and explore new avenues. We try to keep our course sizes to under 20 students in order to ensure that we can individually support every student and to develop a small and vibrant critical and creative community. You’ll have the opportunity to attend department field trips and partake in industry visits across our programmes, ranging from masterclasses at DocHouse through to on-set observation of TV productions in full swing, television and film festivals. Due to our close proximity to London, along with our academics who are currently working in the industry, we also have a number of guest speakers who provide training and insight into the current Media Arts industry.

Susana
Loughborough University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by missthea1994)
Hi

Thank you

Hi missthea1994,

It’s fantastic to hear that you have an offer to study with us at Loughborough University London! We have an excellent reputation for Media Studies; we are in the global top-50 for Communication and Media Studies, ranked 41st in the world according to the prestigious global 2018 QS higher education league table. Alongside our high academic rankings, Loughborough University has recently been awarded Best Student Experience in the UK in the 2018 Times Higher Education survey. We’re proud of our strong reputation for teaching, support and employability opportunities.

Our Institute for Media and Creative Industries is actively engaged in academic research that benefits communities across the world. We are a multi-disciplinary community, with commanding knowledge and expertise of media and related industries, including the media, press, film, television, social media, arts and tourism industries. Our previous graduates now work for creative companies including BT and Sky.

Our inspiring campus is situated on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford at Here East; a central hub for enterprise and collaborative partnerships. Our campus building is in the Press and Broadcast Centre from the London 2012 Olympics. Our Collaborative Project module is the first of its kind in the UK, where students work in cross-departmental teams to solve a real life business issue. Organisations we have collaborated with include BT Sport, West Ham Foundation and HeyBigMan! (an independent creative agency). The BT Sport studios are situated next door to our campus, and we offer regular opportunities for site visits and events. We are also committed to providing support to students who wish to launch their start-up company in our new innovation space!

We will be hosting a coffee morning this summer for our offer holders, which will be an excellent opportunity to speak to academics and find out more about the Loughborough University London student experience. Further details will be available on our website soon.

We would be delighted if you choose to study with us this September, but the decision is ultimately up to you. If you would like to find out more about our London campus (exclusively established for postgraduate study), please do not hesitate to contact us: [email protected]

Best of luck with your future studies,

Sian
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (140)
14.37%
I'm not sure (42)
4.31%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (291)
29.88%
I have already dropped out (25)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (476)
48.87%

Watched Threads