AQA GCSE Religious Studies: Jesus' Resurrection and Ascension

Watch
thrifty_reviser
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Can someone please help me answer the following 5 mark questions as I am struggling to find points backed up with scriptural evidence:

Explain two Christian beliefs about Jesus' Resurrection (5)

Explain two Christian beliefs about Jesus' Ascension (5)
Dr. Doc Thor
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
[QUOTE=thrifty_reviser;76968170]Can someone please help me answer the following 5 mark questions as I am struggling to find points backed up with scriptural evidence:

Hope this helps: -

Jesus was resurrected on sabbath on Sunday, two days after Good Friday: "Christ really has been resurrected" (Paul). He was buried in a tomb, but the stone had been rolled away, signifying his resurrection.

Jesus also ate with women such as Mary Magdalene. He showed them his marks from the cross. But, they reported that Jesus looked different. Furthermore, he also ate dinner with a few Christians.

The Bible states that Jesus ascended to God '40 days' after resurrection. They believe the Holy Spirit lifted him to God the Father. His return to heaven was physical: "he left them and was taken up into heaven".

Some Christians also belive that Jesus' ascension allowed for atonement. The gap between humans and God after 'the Fall' was bridged back together. Therefore, humans could now go to heaven and be with God. Good overcame evil.
Monroeubetadont
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Holy **** I love you thank you 😭
thrifty_reviser
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Lol, I rediscovered this chat 2 years later...

Thanks to @Dr. Doc Thor

From my old revision notes:

• Shows Jesus was divine as he had the power to rise from the dead. It also demonstrates his omnipotence, a characteristic which is associated with God so he must be the Son of God.
‘Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen

• It was important for the existence and development of the Christian Faith. Proves Christ’s power to forgive sins and assure eternal life to those who accept his gift of salvation as he overcame death.
‘If Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith; you are still in your sins.’ –[Corinthians]

• Proves there’s life after death and gives Christians faith that bodily resurrection is possible in the afterlife as Jesus was said to be the first person to have resurrected.
‘firstfruits of them that are asleep’ -[Corinthians]

• The Ascension of Jesus took place 40 days after his resurrection, this was the moment when Jesus went back to his Father in heaven, and he is still there now.
‘He was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God.’ - [Mark]

• Proved Jesus’ divinity as the disciples saw Jesus rise up into heaven out of their sight, the ascension also glorified Jesus.
‘While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven.’ - [Luke]

• This was not a sad event, because Jesus had only left them in body, Jesus is still with his followers today in spirit, supporting them.
‘I am with you always’ – [Matthew]

• Jesus instructed his disciples to spread his teachings to other nations and make more disciples. (The Great Commission + Evangelism)
‘Go and make disciples of all nations, teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.’ – [Matthew]

If you want more notes on Islam or Christianity, then feel free to DM me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (32)
60.38%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (7)
13.21%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (6)
11.32%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
1.89%
I haven't started researching yet (3)
5.66%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (4)
7.55%

Watched Threads