Free parking near Birmingham University

Watch
Mark535t
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I will be enrolling into Birmingham University this September and due to strict parents, will have to commute back to London every weekend. As a result I am planning to drive. Is anyone aware of any streets that are free, which can be 30 to 40 mins away, that I can park on because I'm not willing to spend crazy amounts on parking. Let me know please.

Thank you
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
Adam_1999
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can park pretty much anywhere that isn't on the campus. Most students park near Bristol Road then walk in. Bear in mind though that the closer you are to the uni, the less parking spaces you'll find. Use google maps to find a residential street that is accessible to your halls by bus or within walking distance and park there.
biooligisst
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Mark! I’m a final year student at UoB, graduating next month (oh god). I started driving to uni at the beginning of this academic year and to begin with, I parked in Selly Oak, on roads that were off Bristol Road but dear god were those roads busy. Finding parking there any time after 9ish was bloody ridiculous. So after a week or so of parking there (about 15 mins walk to centre of campus), I drove around the area a bit and found another quite residential area to park in. I now park on Farquhar road, which is on the opposite of uni compared to selly oak. Much easier to find parking and parking here isn’t as difficult and the road is much wider and just generally nicer parking spaces lol. Farquhar road is probably a bit further away than Selly Oak but worth it bc it’s less busy and a nicer, cleaner place to park. Hope that helps and happy to answer any other questions you have!
ShrineMaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Biooligisst. Thanks for the Information. I will start this October at UoB and I was looking for a free parking space. However, in Farquhar road there are sings which say that you can park there only for 1 hour, and not return within 2 hours. Did you got any fines until now?
lizz-ie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ShrineMaster)
Biooligisst. Thanks for the Information. I will start this October at UoB and I was looking for a free parking space. However, in Farquhar road there are sings which say that you can park there only for 1 hour, and not return within 2 hours. Did you got any fines until now?
That's definitely only some parts of Farquhar road, some of it is free parking where you can park for the whole day!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (334)
34.58%
No (632)
65.42%

Watched Threads