REVISE: GCSE English with me! Last Minute Preparation

Watch
adamantacademic
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've spent most of Easter revising my priority subjects, Maths & Science, now it's about time I got some work underway for English.

Board: AQA
Books: AIC, Jekyll & Hyde & Macbeth
Poetry: Love and Relationships (Cringe)
sharri.coco
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Same as you
Exam board: AQA
Books: AIC, MACBETHS & CHRISTMAS CAROL (I HATE IT SO MUCH!)
Poetry Cluster: LOVE AND RELATIONSHIPS (love it, it's easier than power and conflict when you think about it. Be grateful!)
adamantacademic
Rep:
(Original post by sharri.coco)
Same as you
Exam board: AQA
Books: AIC, MACBETHS & CHRISTMAS CAROL (I HATE IT SO MUCH!)
Poetry Cluster: LOVE AND RELATIONSHIPS (love it, it's easier than power and conflict when you think about it. Be grateful!)
Ik our poetry is so much easier imo
sharri.coco
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
what are your current grades?
English Language: 8, few marks off a 9 though
Literature: 5/6 didn't do CC question I got confused
adamantacademic
Rep:
what are your current grades?
English Language: 8, few marks off a 9 though
Literature: 5/6 didn't do CC question I got confused
Predicted: 7,7
Recent mocks: Lit - 8 Lang - 7

For English Lit I have snap revision guides for each of my books, I rewrite clever analysis in my own words in the exam!
How do you do so well in Language?
sharri.coco
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by adamantacademic)
Predicted: 7,7
Recent mocks: Lit - 8 Lang - 7

For English Lit I have snap revision guides for each of my books, I rewrite clever analysis in my own words in the exam!
How do you do so well in Language?
I just do good in q5, every time I get 35/40, and it's not even my teacher marking it she sends it off to PIXL for them to mark, anyways just do practice questions and you'll be fine x
absolutelysprout
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
board: aqa
books: aic, macbeth, jekyll and hyde
poems: power and conflict

how are you guys finding macbeth?
adamantacademic
Rep:
I just do good in q5, every time I get 35/40, and it's not even my teacher marking it she sends it off to PIXL for them to mark, anyways just do practice questions and you'll be fine x
Thanks, all the best!
sharri.coco
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)

I like Macbeth, themes aren't too hard and very easy to write about. I paraphrase my quotes and only remember the keyword that I'll analyse in the exam tbh, what about you?
sharri.coco
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Thanks, all the best!
thank you sweets, you too!
absolutelysprout
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I like Macbeth, themes aren't too hard and very easy to write about. I paraphrase my quotes and only remember the keyword that I'll analyse in the exam tbh, what about you?
probably my least favourite book- though i somehow manage to pull through the mock okay
currently trying to find some good quotes for macbeth, some i'm finding hard to do more than a one-line analysis of though!
adamantacademic
Rep:

Wow we have same books, I'd probably say Macbeth is worst for me out of the 3! I really enjoy AIC + Jekyll and Hyde, discussing context (society, class, genders) and all that. I heard 'Witches' is a likely question of M'beth.
absolutelysprout
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Wow we have same books, I'd probably say Macbeth is worst for me out of the 3! I really enjoy AIC + Jekyll and Hyde, discussing context (society, class, genders) and all that. I heard 'Witches' is a likely question of M'beth.
i'm just not keen on shakespeare at all and i feel like some really obscure extract is going to come up in the exam!
sharri.coco
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
probably my least favourite book- though i somehow manage to pull through the mock okay
currently trying to find some good quotes for macbeth, some i'm finding hard to do more than a one-line analysis of though!
give me the quote, I'll see if I can analyse it in 8 minutes
sharri.coco
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I've done a question on Macbeth's belief in magic; if so then I'm memorising that one
adamantacademic
Rep:
i'm just not keen on shakespeare at all and i feel like some really obscure extract is going to come up in the exam!
I had that worry but don't even think about it because if extract is sh*t and obsucre, you can infer pretty much anything - as long as you substantiate with quotes from extract + other parts you'll get the marks!
absolutelysprout
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
give me the quote, I'll see if I can analyse it in 8 minutes
"there's no art to find the mind construction in the face"
sharri.coco
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
"there's no art to find the mind construction in the face"
this is really hard, is there a question to go with this, I've come up with a good analysis for this but I'm lacking the point part
absolutelysprout
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
this is really hard, is there a question to go with this, I've come up with a good analysis for this but I'm lacking the point part
no sorry! i just was ordering quotes under themes and i put this under deception or appearance vs reality if that helps in any way.
adamantacademic
Rep:

Do you think I'll be safe by revising only Jekyll and Hyde for character quotes?
How are u revising the texts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (68)
32.85%
Yes - a trusted person (58)
28.02%
No (54)
26.09%
I'm not sure (27)
13.04%

Watched Threads