Year 10 how much revision Watch

blueamaraxx
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I'm in year 10 and am revising for about 5 hours a day in the easter holidays because May exams coming up soon. Too little? Too much?
Garrixer
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Too much
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JackI23
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
5 hrs geeez im year 11 don’t even do that good luck though
hugebrain
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Way too much! Don't you have anything else to do?
cupcakelover16
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey I’m in year 10 too and I think it is reasonable as I do it myself but like spaced out throughout the day , for example do revision and then take a hour or so out or with friends or whatever really
JackI23
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cupcakelover16)
Hey I’m in year 10 too and I think it is reasonable as I do it myself but like spaced out throughout the day , for example do revision and then take a hour or so out or with friends or whatever really
What are your grades in maths and English ?
cupcakelover16
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JackI23)
What are your grades in maths and English ?
I do really Well in school , but I like to do extra work to push myself and make sure that I remember what I had learnt , tbh if u leave your revision because of holidays u will forget what u had learnt at school and it will be harder for u to imply it back at school and recap it 🙂 and any ability person should revise whether if they are expected a grade 9 at GCSE or a grade 4 practice makes perfect.
JustACoincidence
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sweet Jesus that is a lot. Unless I was revising for mock exams I didn't revise at all during Y10 and didn't even do that much in Y11 (I did well though).

I don't think you need to do that much but it depends on what kind of learner you are. Make sure that you don't burn out and make sure you revise effectively. If you think it's working for you then go for it. Remember, making a load of revision resources now means you don't have to do as much later.
YouAreAYute
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you literally do not need to do anything in year 10, you have a year. im in year 11 and doing 5 hours a day, take a break go outside
KawaiiArtist
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In year ten you really don't have to do that much revision until much later on. But in general I think it really depends on how many subjects you have, and how much revision you've done prior to now, and how much content you need to cover per subject.

Right now I'm in year eleven and have my first exams coming up in the end of May and I'm doing at least 7 hours of revision on most of the days (apart from the break now and then) so that when I get back to school I'll be able to just concentrate fully on past papers and any weak topics that crop up.
Laboromniavincit
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you prioritise subjects revision wise on how tough it is or how important it is to you?
Hannahrose3112
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You do more than me and exams are a few weeks sway
sunshine774
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm surprised you're doing that much in yr 10!! Is it really necessary to do that much at your stage?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby