Replace battery before or after updating to iOS 11?

Watch
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey Guys;

Well, I am going to be replacing my iphone's battery (my phone is a 6s with iOS 10) and was thinking is it worth updating it before or after I upgrade it to iOS11 (am replacing because my battery drops suddenly from 30% down to 1%...)?

The only reason I ask is because I hear from a couple of mates that since they updated their phones to iOS11, their battery life went through the floor.

Or does it not matter?

Sorry, not amazingly knowledgeable on iPhones or much tech really, not my forte...
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
Hey Guys;

Well, I am going to be replacing my iphone's battery (my phone is a 6s with iOS 10) and was thinking is it worth updating it before or after I upgrade it to iOS11 (am replacing because my battery drops suddenly from 30% down to 1%...)?

The only reason I ask is because I hear from a couple of mates that since they updated their phones to iOS11, their battery life went through the floor.

Or does it not matter?

Sorry, not amazingly knowledgeable on iPhones or much tech really, not my forte...
If you update to 11.3, you can see the new battery health feature in settings which will tell you whether your battery is knackered or not.

I replaced mine recently (using a 6s too) and the battery life is now much better than before, and I always update to the latest iOS as soon as it comes out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (119)
4.95%
Uncertainty around my education (357)
14.86%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (263)
10.95%
Lack of purpose or motivation (338)
14.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (109)
4.54%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (141)
5.87%
Loneliness (208)
8.66%
Financial worries (89)
3.71%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (101)
4.2%
Exposure to negative news/social media (116)
4.83%
Lack of real life entertainment (128)
5.33%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (208)
8.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (225)
9.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed