The Student Room Group

Never felt more alone...

So it started when I came out as bi to my 'friends' and told them about my depression and anxiety, and now most of my friends have abandoned me for it. None of them want to talk to me in school, but those that do 'talk' to me don't really text me or anything.

The thing is its always been this way, the only way I ever have a conversation via snap or watsapp is when I text/ask something first. Now in the holidays I feel like no one cares about me or would even notice if I moved school. In all my life I've never felt loneliness like this and its tearing me apart.

When I have a conversation with people it always seems like they just don't want to be responsible for me but don't want to seem rude, and talk out of pure sympathy but nothing else. I sit on my own every break and lunch time and no one actually cares, no one has ever expressed concern for me and I just feel unwelcome...

I've tried to convince my parents to let me move school but I can't say they're bullying me and I definitely can't say that they don't like me because I'm bisexual or they'll disown me.

Anyone got any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sounds to me like you have a lack of motivation at the moment, really get on your purpose and find out whats important to you because it doesn't matter if you have friends or not because once you've found your cause and start grinding, people will start gravitating towards you
Original post by Anonymous
So it started when I came out as bi to my 'friends' and told them about my depression and anxiety, and now most of my friends have abandoned me for it. None of them want to talk to me in school, but those that do 'talk' to me don't really text me or anything.

The thing is its always been this way, the only way I ever have a conversation via snap or watsapp is when I text/ask something first. Now in the holidays I feel like no one cares about me or would even notice if I moved school. In all my life I've never felt loneliness like this and its tearing me apart.

When I have a conversation with people it always seems like they just don't want to be responsible for me but don't want to seem rude, and talk out of pure sympathy but nothing else. I sit on my own every break and lunch time and no one actually cares, no one has ever expressed concern for me and I just feel unwelcome...

I've tried to convince my parents to let me move school but I can't say they're bullying me and I definitely can't say that they don't like me because I'm bisexual or they'll disown me.

Anyone got any advice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ito5ELbyyxs
Hi. Do you talk or message anyone on here? Maybe messaging/talking to people on here could help you feel less alone (I'll talk to you if you want).
Are you in high school doing GCSEs, in college or university?
Reply 3
Original post by chaunam
Sounds to me like you have a lack of motivation at the moment, really get on your purpose and find out whats important to you because it doesn't matter if you have friends or not because once you've found your cause and start grinding, people will start gravitating towards you

The thing is I am motivated to do work, I've been revising well at home but I don't want my only relationship to be with my work, I want a bond with someone physical, I used to have online friends but that never helped me at all.
try a body pillow
Reply 5
Sorry you feel like that. If you want to talk and get anything off your chest, I'll be happy to talk.
Otherwise, maybe try some groups in the school (if they have any). Find people who will like you for you.
Reply 6
Original post by Baza2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ito5ELbyyxs
Hi. Do you talk or message anyone on here? Maybe messaging/talking to people on here could help you feel less alone (I'll talk to you if you want).
Are you in high school doing GCSEs, in college or university?

Currently doing my first year of A levels at sixth form.

Anyone got any advice?

What kind of friends are they?! This makes me angry, I hate fake people! Your parents will disown you if you say you're bi?
And OP, if you want to talk I'm here for you just PM me I'm in my second year of college :smile:
Currently doing my first year of A levels at sixth form.

Nice. What are you doing for your A-Levels?
Maybe try and talk to other people in your classes who enjoy those subjects and study with them.
Reply 9
Nice. What are you doing for your A-Levels?
Maybe try and talk to other people in your classes who enjoy those subjects and study with them.

Thing is the people in my classes are those who don't want to talk to me. I do maths, further maths, Physics and economics. Plan to do maths at uni
Original post by sunshine774
What kind of friends are they?! This makes me angry, I hate fake people! Your parents will disown you if you say you're bi?
And OP, if you want to talk I'm here for you just PM me I'm in my second year of college :smile:

Thanks for the gesture. To be honest I'm not even angry with them anymore, I'm more angry at myself for allowing myself to even be 'friends' with these people in the first place. My best mate left school due to financial circumstances a few years ago and no one ever took his place, I haven't spoken to him in months because he changes his number constantly. My dad openly speaks out against the LGBT community and my mum will follow the crowd so if I tell him he won't even hear what I have to say he'll tell me to leave immediately if I told him I'm bi.
Thing is the people in my classes are those who don't want to talk to me. I do maths, further maths, Physics and economics. Plan to do maths at uni

Nice. I'm doing my GCSEs this year and will then be doing maths, further maths and physics at A-level and then I also plan to do maths at uni :smile:
What uni are you hoping to go to. I really want to go to Cambridge or Oxford, if I don't/can't get into whichever one of them I decide, I'll go to Imperial.
Maybe you could make some friends online. Also, you could study at break/lunch if you have no-one to talk with. When I go to college next year, al l my friends are going to different colleges, and I'm awful at making friends so I'll just be studying at break/lunch when I'm in college next year.
Thanks for the gesture. To be honest I'm not even angry with them anymore, I'm more angry at myself for allowing myself to even be 'friends' with these people in the first place. My best mate left school due to financial circumstances a few years ago and no one ever took his place, I haven't spoken to him in months because he changes his number constantly. My dad openly speaks out against the LGBT community and my mum will follow the crowd so if I tell him he won't even hear what I have to say he'll tell me to leave immediately if I told him I'm bi.

It's not your fault, never think that! Why does he change his number so much? That's really sad, they are your parents after all! I'm religious so I do think homosexuality is a sin, but before religion we are all human and the same and nobody should be ashamed of who they are:smile: And if my kids ever told me that, or my friends or anyone I would support them no matter what, i have some homosexual and bi friends who are great people :smile:
Me too.
Nice. I'm doing my GCSEs this year and will then be doing maths, further maths and physics at A-level and then I also plan to do maths at uni :smile:
What uni are you hoping to go to. I really want to go to Cambridge or Oxford, if I don't/can't get into whichever one of them I decide, I'll go to Imperial.
Maybe you could make some friends online. Also, you could study at break/lunch if you have no-one to talk with. When I go to college next year, al l my friends are going to different colleges, and I'm awful at making friends so I'll just be studying at break/lunch when I'm in college next year.

I would like to get into oxbridge but with my GCSE's I probably wouldn't get in so Warwick is my first choice. I already study at break and lunch because I have no one to talk to. I used to have some xbox friends that I knew for two of three years but they never made me feel less lonely, only while I was playing I forgot about my anxiety/depression but I developed an unhealthy addiction to it (and drinking) so cut both out of my life completely.
I would like to get into oxbridge but with my GCSE's I probably wouldn't get in so Warwick is my first choice. I already study at break and lunch because I have no one to talk to. I used to have some xbox friends that I knew for two of three years but they never made me feel less lonely, only while I was playing I forgot about my anxiety/depression but I developed an unhealthy addiction to it (and drinking) so cut both out of my life completely.

I used to have xbox friends that I knew for 3 years, one of them was a twitch streamer - EnglishBrendon - but we haven't been in contact for the past year or 2. Do you still use your Xbox/do you have an Xbox One? Why, what did you get in your GCSEs? If you do well in your A-Levels, you will still have a chance to get into oxbridge.
Are you male or female? (I know, it's not related to the topic of this thread)
Well it's an unfortunate situation to be certain, but presuming you're now coming towards the end of year 12, it may be most prudent to remain in situ. You can continue being cordial with your classmates, and just otherwise spend time out of lessons studying. It's not exactly fun and is a bit **** overall but, as you're aware they obviously aren't very good friends, and spending more time on your academic work will be beneficial in the long run (hopefully, anyway).

As you're interested in pursuing Maths at uni, this might be a good opportunity to explore some "higher mathematics" as it's encountered at university. You may want to see if you can find a copy of e.g. Spivak's "Calculus" (not Calculus on Manifolds!) which reintroduces the calculus you're familiar with in a rigorous way as it will be typical of university mathematics (it is in essence an introductory analysis book, albeit a very gentle introduction). On a slightly closer level and more relevant to A-level specifically, it would also be a good time to practice STEP/MAT questions (even if you don't plan to take the exams, getting some experience with the different style of questioning involved in those may help your understanding of A-level topics and also of, in some capacity, the nature of higher mathematics as in a degree).

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
I used to have xbox friends that I knew for 3 years, one of them was a twitch streamer - EnglishBrendon - but we haven't been in contact for the past year or 2. Do you still use your Xbox/do you have an Xbox One? Why, what did you get in your GCSEs? If you do well in your A-Levels, you will still have a chance to get into oxbridge.
Are you male or female? (I know, it's not related to the topic of this thread)

I haven't touched my xbox in six months, in my GCSE's I got 4A*4ABBC, and I'm male btw. Wbu?
Original post by chaunam

So true!! Work on yourself and everything else will fall into place
I haven't touched my xbox in six months, in my GCSE's I got 4A*4ABBC, and I'm male btw. Wbu?

I'm male as well. I'm hoping for one 9, two 8s, five 7s and two 6s.
I use my Xbox for, well, now only 4-5 hours a day so I have 2-3 hours revising. But last year, because it wasn't the year of my GCSEs, I did 5-6 hours on a school day and between 9 and 13 hours on a Saturday and on a Sunday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending