The Student Room Group

Very angry with my sister

So my sister worked at McDonalds between the ages of 18-22 and I think she worked around 16-25 hours a week and didn't give a penny to my father. This was around 2007-2011. ZERO money.

And my dad had work next day at 5.30am at the factory and he had to pick her up from mcdonalds at 11.30 at night with few hours sleep.

Also she's worked as a marketing assistant between 2013-end of 2016.

Since the end of 2016 until now she's been working as a marketing manager and she is on around £31k and she still hasn't given a penny even after 4 years of good income.

She has since the last year one-two days a week helped out preparing food and this only since the last year. I help out with the food everyday.

My dad has had a hard life and we lost our mother in 2001.

I remember I paid for the sky monthly because I wanted to make him happy and felt sorry for him because he is lonely.

She does go out a lot, goes on holiday 4 times a year, london once a month, goes out every week to a restaurant.

What irritates me is that my father makes something maunually struggling for 1 hour everyday while coming back for work where he can get it from Asda for £10 a week. My sister see's this and why can't she give him that £10?

I give my father a helping hand and I've not yet graduated, why can't my sister help out? Even £10 a week would be useful.

I got the sky to make him happy.

Once again, you never know what can happen and if he is gone tomorrow and I'm sure she wishes she could have helped out.
Reply 1
Tragic
Does your father ask your sister for money?
Original post by Anonymous
So my sister worked at McDonalds between the ages of 18-22 and I think she worked around 16-25 hours a week and didn't give a penny to my father. This was around 2007-2011. ZERO money.

And my dad had work next day at 5.30am at the factory and he had to pick her up from mcdonalds at 11.30 at night with few hours sleep.

Also she's worked as a marketing assistant between 2013-end of 2016.

Since the end of 2016 until now she's been working as a marketing manager and she is on around £31k and she still hasn't given a penny even after 4 years of good income.

She has since the last year one-two days a week helped out preparing food and this only since the last year. I help out with the food everyday.

My dad has had a hard life and we lost our mother in 2001.

I remember I paid for the sky monthly because I wanted to make him happy and felt sorry for him because he is lonely.

She does go out a lot, goes on holiday 4 times a year, london once a month, goes out every week to a restaurant.

What irritates me is that my father makes something maunually struggling for 1 hour everyday while coming back for work where he can get it from Asda for £10 a week. My sister see's this and why can't she give him that £10?

I give my father a helping hand and I've not yet graduated, why can't my sister help out? Even £10 a week would be useful.

I got the sky to make him happy.

Once again, you never know what can happen and if he is gone tomorrow and I'm sure she wishes she could have helped out.

It's her money, and she worked for it. She can spend it how she wants and on who she wants. Sure, it would be nice to help out your father, but there's no obligation for her to do so.
Maybe u could sit down and talk to her and explain how this is affecting u and your father and see if that makes any different to her , try reminding her that when ur mother had died (god bless her soul) your father was then the person who had raised u and tell her that I’m sure ur father had struggled day and night to earn money to feed u , make sure u have clothes , food at the table and most importantly a roof over your head , tell her that no one lasts forget and neither will your father and tell her that she has to now do her duty and care and help her father out , this is really sad but I will pray for u x hope this changes her for the better , I understand why she is the way she is but she should care for her elderly father x
I think it would be a nice gesture for your sister to give him some money for upkeep if she's living in his house, or at least ensure she's buying her own food and things like that. If she's relying on him for every expense it's probably worth having a little word with her.

If she's buying her own food and/or he's not asking for money off of her though, I guess why would she give him money if he doesn't want it? It would be a nice gesture if she did obviously, but if he's not asking for it I suppose she thinks it's fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending