The Student Room Group

I can't revise

Nothing works, everyone told me I would find my way to revise and I still haven't. Just done my mocks and the only ones I properly revised for I failed so Idk what to do as exams are really soon
Original post by Hannahrose3112
Nothing works, everyone told me I would find my way to revise and I still haven't. Just done my mocks and the only ones I properly revised for I failed so Idk what to do as exams are really soon

What year are you in?

Ofc you can revise, but you need to focus and just get on with it like everyone else. Its 3 months tops.

1. Make a revision plan i.e organise all your tasks by the time left.
2. Study and make notes on each subject. Condensed notes so you have all the important stuff.
3. Practice exam papers.

Do enough each day to reach your targets according to the plan.
Min 2 weeks away you need to move from learning to practising exam papers.

After 3 months you can do nothing, stay in bed, go on holiday, but for the moment take responsibility for your future, take it one day at a time and just try your best. Ot gets easier when you have a routine.
(edited 5 years ago)
Like the above poster said - but what methods have you tried? Little things like the time you get up in the morning, your diet, your stress levels about things like friendship dramas and the fact that you haven't got everything organised properly can stop you from focusing and getting revision done.

Are you at GCSE or A level?

Also just 1 suggestion from me, wake up earlier that you won't feel tired and will have time to cover more topics
Original post by 999tigger
What year are you in?

Ofc you can revise, but you need to focus and just get on with it like everyone else. Its 3 months tops.

1. Make a revision plan i.e organise all your tasks by the time left.
2. Study and make notes on each subject. Condensed notes so you have all the important stuff.
3. Practice exam papers.

Do enough each day to reach your targets according to the plan.
Min 2 weeks away you need to move from learning to practising exam papers.

After 3 months you can do nothing, stay in bed, go on holiday, but for the moment take responsibility for your future, take it one day at a time and just try your best. Ot gets easier when you have a routine.

Year 11, first exam is in 36 days and it seriously doesn't help with the fact we've had supplies all year and have had to result in teaching ourselves
Original post by riannon2001
Like the above poster said - but what methods have you tried? Little things like the time you get up in the morning, your diet, your stress levels about things like friendship dramas and the fact that you haven't got everything organised properly can stop you from focusing and getting revision done.

Are you at GCSE or A level?

Thankyou so much, I'm doing GCSEs thought I would have been more prepared than this. I've tried posters, timed conditioned questions but my mind goes completely blank. I've Tried past papers but again I feel like I know absolutely nothing however when it came to the mocks I hardly revision and I passed everything but history and RE so I don't know why my revision is going so wrong
Reply 6

Do u need help making a revision timetable
Year 11, first exam is in 36 days and it seriously doesn't help with the fact we've had supplies all year and have had to result in teaching ourselves

Then you have 36 days till exam day. Dp the 36 day version of the above.
Forget supplies and make the most of the time you have left.
Only do what helps you get a better mark.

Do the post mortem later.
Reply 8
Original post by 999tigger
Then you have 36 days till exam day. Dp the 36 day version of the above.
Forget supplies and make the most of the time you have left.
Only do what helps you get a better mark.

Do the post mortem later.

U r correct do u want a revision timetable if so message me
Original post by caymen
U r correct do u want a revision timetable if so message me

The revision timetable should just allocate fairly and sensibly the remaining tasks to each subject plus I strongly suggest you transition to past papers in the last 2 weeks at a minimum. You could even do revision in the morning and exams in the afternoon. Just work hard do your best and worry abut anything else later. just do it and you will be glad you worked for at least 2 months when you finish.

Quick Reply

Latest