Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i need help on this

(AQA)
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's the conflict between the biology and environment.
A diathesis-stress model is used.
soIiIoquy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
(Original post by random_matt)
It's the conflict between the biology and environment.
A diathesis-stress model is used.
i know, but i just dont understand it and i dont understand that model either, like my notes say one thing, my textbook says another and simplypsychology confuses me a lot...

i just need enough ao1 knowledge and ao3 points :/

could you expand on it a little and give me an overview? like bullet points?
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Schizophrenia is a genetically inherited condition (Well mostly) for an individuals offspring. The theory proposes that parents who have children have a genetic vunerability, remember you are not born with schizophrenia. This vunerability (Biology) is always in conflict with external factors (Environment), and the condition is said to be the byproduct of this confliction. The gene gets switched on by whatever factor influences it, and schizophrenia then develops, this has been researched heavily within twin studies that finds the identical twin is far more likely to develop schizophrenia than non twin siblings. Adoptive children are also less likely to develop than biological relatives. However, about 50% of identical children, the other half doesn't develop the condition, which means there is a strong case for environmental factors to be at work here, triggering these genetic vunerabilities. This is what the model proposes.

soIiIoquy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
(Original post by random_matt)
Schizophrenia is a genetically inherited condition (Well mostly) for an individuals offspring. The theory proposes that parents who have children have a genetic vunerability, remember you are not born with schizophrenia. This vunerability (Biology) is always in conflict with external factors (Environment), and the condition is said to be the byproduct of this confliction. The gene gets switched on by whatever factor influences it, and schizophrenia then develops, this has been researched heavily within twin studies that finds the identical twin is far more likely to develop schizophrenia than non twin siblings. Adoptive children are also less likely to develop than biological relatives. However, about 50% of identical children, the other half doesn't develop the condition, which means there is a strong case for environmental factors to be at work here, triggering these genetic vunerabilities. This is what the model proposes.

thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (59)
18.67%
Unconditional if firmed (24)
7.59%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.63%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (9)
2.85%
No unconditional offers (222)
70.25%

Watched Threads