Does anybody have any notes on psychology?

Watch this thread
Maya memsaab
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Maya memsaab
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
(Original post by Mayavalentine)
It
Sorry I didn't manage to finish the question, does anybody have any notes on psychology that they wouldn't mind sharing.
Or am I being a bit cheeky? I wouldn't mind if somebody asked me anyway!

I want to study psychology at Manchester in a couple of years but the thing is I'm a very slow learner. I've heard that lectures can have about 50 slides in them and you're expected to whiz through them and make quick, short notes - I'm really bad at this so it would be nice to have a head start.
Maya memsaab
Rep:
(Original post by Mayavalentine)
Sorry I didn't manage to finish the question, does anybody have any notes on psychology that they wouldn't mind sharing.
Or am I being a bit cheeky? I wouldn't mind if somebody asked me anyway!

I want to study psychology at Manchester in a couple of years but the thing is I'm a very slow learner. I've heard that lectures can have about 50 slides in them and you're expected to whiz through them and make quick, short notes - I'm really bad at this so it would be nice to have a head start.
This is what will be included in my course: research methods and statistics, introduction to developmental psychology, lifespan and ageing, introduction to cognition, introduction to social psychology, brain and behaviour, sensation and perception, group dynamics, foundations in mental health and distress, foundations in health psychology.

Do you use revision guides or textbooks at university? If so, does anyone recommend any good ones for psychology?
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
There is no point getting the notes now - the lectures are likely to change between now and when you start. Some unis record lectures so you could use that for making your notes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed