Postgraduate accommodation in Glasgow

Watch
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
It's looking like I will be starting my PhD in Glasgow this September and I'm trying to organise my accommodation soon.

I'm actually going to be at Strathclyde but their forum seems pretty dead, I'm not against a 30 minute walk, and it seems like the unis mix in quite a lot anyway so I'm guessing there's a decent amount of overlap in the accommodations that people choose?

I'm looking for somewhere with mostly postgrads or later year undergrads, rooms rather than studios, reasonably modern. I don't mind whether it's shared bathroom or en-suite. If there's somewhere for less than £120 per week that would be great, although it seems I'm spoiled a bit by the low prices in Sheffield so I would stretch to £140pw if need be. I'll also happily pay an extra £5pw if a double bed is included.

Thanks
BridgeHouseGlasgow
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey there,

It seems like Bridge House - where I work, might be a perfect fit for you!

We're a 128 bed accommodation building run by Fresh Student Living. We're really popular with postgraduate and later year undergraduate students due to the smaller size. We mostly have University of Glasgow students due to the fact we're only 10 minutes from the campus, but we have Strathclyde students too. Travel to the city centre is super easy from where we are - the subway will take you about 15 minutes, the train about 20 or you can walk 30-35 minutes.

Our prices start at £145 per week but for that you get an en-suite room in a shared 6 bed flat, a generous 3/4 size bed, all your bills included and access to our gym and all our social spaces.

As a postgraduate, if you'd prefer to live with those of a similar age we can make this happen and extras like our private study room are particularly nice for older students who want to buckle down with their studies.

Have a look on our website and see if you like the look of us: http://freshstudentliving.co.uk/property/bridge-house/.

If you've got any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch!

Thanks,

Lilith
lewb95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sounds like you're in a similar position to me- reckon I'll be moving Glasgow September/October time to start a PhD at Strathclyde. I'd also be looking for others who are doing postgrad or similar, and wouldn't mind living more towards Glasgow uni and mixing with them as well. Think I've spotted some private accommodation on some websites that are around the £120 pw mark but can't speak for how good they are tbh- was gonna maybe look round over summer.Let us know how your search goes?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.73%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
17.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.91%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
14.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
29.1%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed