The Student Room Group

Entry requirements

What are the requirements to study chemical engineering in London
I'm doing a level , chemistry and maths
I live in Saudi Arabia and thinking of studying chemical engineering London and what's the minimum a level grades
Original post by Rawaann
I live in Saudi Arabia and thinking of studying chemical engineering London and what's the minimum a level grades

It depends on the university. Search on ucas.
Original post by Rawaann

You need 3 A levels. two is unlikely to be enough as everyone expects three. They may let you in foundation year or the lower unis may consider two. You are better off getting a third. the better your grades, the better the uni.

Is there a reason you want London? There are many institutions outside of an equal and sometimes better standard.

You are going to need to do some research to id the London unis and then go to their website pages for the subject and they will tell you the grades required.

Take this table with a pinch of salt and do not rely on it for position, although roughly the better unis are at the top etc. It is just to show which unis do chemical engineering.
https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2017/may/16/university-guide-2018-league-table-for-chemical-engineering

This also shows the chemical engineering courses in London.

https://digital.ucas.com/search/results?SearchText=Chemical+Engineering&AutoSuggestType=coursetitleslist&SearchType=searchbarbutton&PreviouslyAppliedFilters=D_0_Undergraduate__L_1_England__&filters=Destination_Undergraduate&ProviderText=&vacancy-rb=rba&filters=&SubjectText=&DistanceFromPostcode=1mi&RegionDistancePostcode=&filters=Location_England&filters=Location_Greater+London-P-England&SortOrder=MostRelevant&CurrentView=List

The range of grades goes from A*A*A down to BBB
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
You need 3 A levels. two is unlikely to be enough as everyone expects three. They may let you in foundation year or the lower unis may consider two. You are better off getting a third. the better your grades, the better the uni.

Is there a reason you want London? There are many institutions outside of an equal and sometimes better standard.

You are going to need to do some research to id the London unis and then go to their website pages for the subject and they will tell you the grades required.

Take this table with a pinch of salt and do not rely on it for position, although roughly the better unis are at the top etc. It is just to show which unis do chemical engineering.
https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2017/may/16/university-guide-2018-league-table-for-chemical-engineering

This also shows the chemical engineering courses in London.

https://digital.ucas.com/search/results?SearchText=Chemical+Engineering&AutoSuggestType=coursetitleslist&SearchType=searchbarbutton&PreviouslyAppliedFilters=D_0_Undergraduate__L_1_England__&filters=Destination_Undergraduate&ProviderText=&vacancy-rb=rba&filters=&SubjectText=&DistanceFromPostcode=1mi&RegionDistancePostcode=&filters=Location_England&filters=Location_Greater+London-P-England&SortOrder=MostRelevant&CurrentView=List

The range of grades goes from A*A*A down to BBB

Do you advice me to study in London?
Original post by Rawaann
Do you advice me to study in London?

Some people like London because theres an attraction, famous landmarks, lots of things to do etc.
It is also expensive an busy. there are pros and cons.

Mt point is there are also good places outside London.

Your bigger issue is not enough A levels and you need the grades to get offers. Grades give you choices.
Original post by Rawaann

Search universities by using chooseauni.com which gives entry requirements for all uk university courses.
Original post by echerrypick
Search universities by using chooseauni.com which gives entry requirements for all uk university courses.

The post is from 2 years ago. I don’t think they’ll still be undecided

Quick Reply

Latest