Im 11 I can't go OUTSIDE AT ALL Watch

This discussion is closed.
SarSar26
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My parents won't let me go outside without being watched by them. I now have no self-confidence or faith in my self but they still acted like I'm stupid and that the dog or my brother and sister are more important.When I was in year 6 lots of my classmates where walking home but I had to walk home with my mum ( WHO WORKS AT THE SCHOOL)when the house was 2 minutes away. Then after school, I wasn't allowed to go out to the park which is only a few minutes walk away from home. I am now in year 7 and want to go out with friends after school but I'm not allowed.
PLEASE HELP ME CONVINCE MY PARENTS
PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT 11 NOW BUT MY YOUNGER SISTER IS
adamantacademic
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Bruh I was barely allowed out in the garden at your age
SarSar26
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by adamantacademic)
Bruh I was barely allowed out in the garden at your age
I'm still not allowed to go out in the garden on my own
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you're not even a teenager yet

i was followed everywhere aswell when i was 11 , give it a couple more years and do things to earn their trust more
Hiraeth.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Organise to go out with your friends and keep doing it.
Bookaddict02
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
chill you're only 11. I know it may seem like all your friends get ''privileges'' and you don't but just take it as your parents looking out for you. I mean you are quite young tbh. maybe when u hit your teens then they will give you more freedom. just wait it out you parents wont always be there for you when u grow up so make the most of it now
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
at 11 there's another thing you shouldn't really be doing

Spoiler:
Show

posting on TSR ..
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When the first time you were ever allowed to go out with friends was at the age of 16 and then you come on TSR to see threads like these 🌚🙂

You're parents' behaviour is perfectly fine and normal. Just because many of your friends do something doesn't make it right for you. This is something I say to my younger sibling all the time.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Say you're getting bullied over it.
soIiIoquy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
man i wish i could be 11 again
migliuee
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
UK has laws that don't allow people under a certain age to be left alone, I believe under 15? I might be wrong about the age though, this was changed a few times.
JoshDawg
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
does nobody hear remember what it was like to be in year 7? Not being allowed to walk home on your own / with friends is odd, but remember you are just out of primary school and your parents probably haven't adjusted to that yet.
s817
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You aren't allowed to be on tsr if you are really 11 years old. Your parents are just being protective. You should be happy because anything could happen while you are out with friends. Which garden are you talking about back or front? I understand the front is dangerous because anything could happen but the back garden is usually safe if there are fences up separating the neighbourhood gardens.
wastedcuriosity
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your parents are being protective. Be grateful! Honestly, at 11 you shouldn't even be on TSR. Just invite your friends over to your place, or something.
Max9874
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Year 7s on TSR
Attached files
Nabundle
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm 90 and I can't go outside.
...Probably because my wheelchair is broken. But still.
NonIndigenous
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lots of stabbings recently. Not safe. I don't blame them in this context.
sunshine774
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why is an 11 year old on TSR?
NonIndigenous
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is addressed at the forum:

It's no good denying kids certain privileges that others have, without having something better or comparable replace them with. Denying kids the opportunity to socialize with others, because of crime rates, or because you may not like the local culture, isn't good enough. What are they going to do instead with that time? Play video games? Sleep until 11 on weekends? Or do maths 6 hours a day instead?

People need other people. ffs. Or they go mad.

If you can at least replace that lost time with family outings, or clubs and societies that such kids attend... you're on the right track. Simply saying "no" with no explanation or better alternative, is frankly quite immature and damaging itself.
sunshine774
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by soIiIoquy)
man i wish i could be 11 again
Why?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads