The Student Room Group

Do you know about Bangladesh?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asifmahmoud
Yeah I'm doing the same. Are you in year 12 or 13? Any unis you aiming for? Btw i intend to do aerospace engineering at uni.

I'll try to study Physics at MIT or Ivys
Original post by Hello tomorrow
I am from Bangladesh. I want to know how many tsr user know about Bangladesh. if you do not know about Bangladesh I will tell you and put your question. the people who know Bangladesh than comment something's about it.

Hello brother, I'm a Bangladeshi.In Shaa Allah I'll be joining University of Lincoln this September
I hope I know a little bit more about Bangladesh when I see their cricket team in a World Cup game later this month.
And we start the tournament with a bang 🔥🔥
Original post by barnetlad
I hope I know a little bit more about Bangladesh when I see their cricket team in a World Cup game later this month.
Whoa
Original post by SRN306
Whoa

you came to Uk from bangla. what type of benefits have you and your family claimed and how much do you get per week?
Original post by Audrey18
you came to Uk from bangla. what type of benefits have you and your family claimed and how much do you get per week?

Nah, who told you that man? I never said that :confused:
Original post by SRN306
Nah, who told you that man? I never said that :confused:

so from the moment you landed in UK, your family bought their own home using their own money and did not claim any benefits whatsoever? how did your family secure status in UK? by claiming asylum? I'm curious because I'm trying to understand the phenomenon of people from bangla, pakistan, sri lanka, nigeria who only want to migrate to UK and nowhere else. thanks.
so from the moment you landed in UK, your family bought their own home using their own money and did not claim any benefits whatsoever? how did your family secure status in UK? by claiming asylum? I'm curious because I'm trying to understand the phenomenon of people from bangla, pakistan, sri lanka, nigeria who only want to migrate to UK and nowhere else. thanks.

The way that you are phrasing your questions to srn306 sounds accusatory.
Suggesting that you have assumed that every person from the four non-eu countries you have listed is automatically a benefit tourist or related to one.
Many citizens of those countries came to the UK with £50k of investment funds on entrepreneur visas or a tier 2 visa job offer with accommodation funded by their employer.
To establish businesses employing british nationals, work in tech companies/legal offices and private medical clinics.

I don't have parents. What I do, where I live is none of your business. thanks.
Original post by SRN306
I don't have parents. What I do, where I live is none of your business. thanks.

I'm so sorry if I came across as a nosy-parker. However I must point out to you that I did not inquire about what you do or where you live. Re-read my post and you will get the clarity. All I'm trying to establish is why do people from Bangla, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nigeria etc only want to migrate to UK and nowhere else?

Furthermore, with you mind I have the following questions.
1) When you move to UK does your loyalty remain with your country or origin or do you now plead allegiance to UK?
2) Did you read UK's history, understand the culture and customs and appreciate the tapestry?
3) Can you recite the UK's national anthem by heart?
4) Now that you're in UK, are you willing to interact with others outside of your ethnicity?
5) When you compare Bangla to UK, did you feel that Bangla never had a good government since its independence?
6) Do you feel grateful that you were allowed to come to the UK bearing in mind that there are millions of Banglas working 12 to 16 hour shifts as construction workers and labourers under the hot blistering sun in other first world countries for a salary of 400 quid a month?
7) Did you wish in your heart that maybe someday in the next century, Bangla can truly become a first world country?

I can understand if you want to evade the questions altogether given the nature of my questions but do bear in mind that you were the one who created this thread, inviting other forum members to ask questions about Bangla.
No @Audrey18. I wasn't the one who created this thread smh
Original post by SRN306
No @Audrey18. I wasn't the one who created this thread smh

sure no prob. anyhow, could I trouble you to answer the questions? I do want to better understand the mindset of migrants who have settled in the UK.

1) When you move to UK does your loyalty remain with your country or origin or do you now plead allegiance to UK?
2) Did you read UK's history, understand the culture and customs and appreciate the tapestry?
4) Now that you're in UK, are you willing to interact with others outside of your ethnicity?
5) When you compare Bangla to UK, did you feel that Bangla never had a good government since its independence?
6) Do you feel grateful that you were allowed to come to the UK bearing in mind that there are millions of Banglas working 12 to 16 hour shifts as construction workers and labourers under the hot blistering sun in other first world countries for a salary of 400 quid a month?
7) Did you wish in your heart that maybe someday in the next century, Bangla can truly become a first world country?
My best friend is Bangladeshi and God am I so so blessed to have her!
I am from Bangladesh. I want to know how many tsr user know about Bangladesh. if you do not know about Bangladesh I will tell you and put your question. the people who know Bangladesh than comment something's about it.

a beautiful country with lovely lovely ppl <3
sure no prob. anyhow, could I trouble you to answer the questions? I do want to better understand the mindset of migrants who have settled in the UK.

Whats with all the low-key racism?

No Bangla doesn't have to be a first world country. I am proud to be whoever I am and my origin. I love my people however they are. Why do you think we should be grateful to you? Just cause we are from a third world country; We are poor? Do you really not think we are like all of you, humans? Aren't we? Even if our race, religion and colour is so different from yours? NO; It doesn't make me grateful that you let me live in your country, it rather hurts me that you think we should be grateful for this cause we are asians, not so part of your glorious community of heartless people.
flood prone county
@SRN306
could I trouble you to answer these questions? I do want to better understand the mindset of migrants who have settled in the UK.

Hi I am Fahima Islam from Dhaka Bangladesh

Quick Reply

Latest