The Student Room Group

AQA Science

I am currently learning the combined science trilogy AQA and I will be doing exams in May. I have found past paper specimens however we have already done them in mocks and besides these there are no other higher past papers i can find. Should I use the past papers from 2015 and 2016
My school has recommended not to do that, a few good websites for past paper questions are

- savemyexams
- primrosekittenscience
-free science lessons

Also the cgp exam practice workbook is really good :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you for the reply, I have AQA collins revision textbooks however I rarely use them instead I watch freesciencelessons videos and make notes, should I use the collins textbooks they have practise questions at the back of the textbooks?
Original post by Harrisn
I am currently learning the combined science trilogy AQA and I will be doing exams in May. I have found past paper specimens however we have already done them in mocks and besides these there are no other higher past papers i can find. Should I use the past papers from 2015 and 2016

BUY. THE. COLLINS. BOOK. PLEASE.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Combined-Science-Trilogy-Revision-Collins/dp/0008160791

YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT MY SCIENCE GRADES HAVE BEEN SAVED
Reply 4
I’ve got them😂
yes you can use papers from 2015 and 2016.

I'm doing the new A Level physics and chemistry this year but im using papers from 2009 to revise. the only difference to this 'reformed' specification is the structure of exams and SMALL manipulations in content, nothing else.

the point of past papers is to test your knowledge. it doesn't matter if it's a different specification. As long as the questions are centred around a common topic which you are familiar with and have revised then you can answer it.
Reply 6
Original post by BTAnonymous
yes you can use papers from 2015 and 2016.
the point of past papers is to test your knowledge. it doesn't matter if it's a different specification. As long as the questions are centred around a common topic which you are familiar with and have revised then you can answer it.

The problem with the other papers are that some of the questions do not relate to the topics that I am learning, I am doing combined science trilogy should I try and do combined science synergy and does anyone know the difference between them?
Original post by Harrisn
The problem with the other papers are that some of the questions do not relate to the topics that I am learning, I am doing combined science trilogy should I try and do combined science synergy and does anyone know the difference between them?

it is a bit of an issue but you just need to pick out the questions which are related.

Quick Reply

Latest