distance learning courses by brunel or heriot watt is the best ?

Watch this thread
Syamraj
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
distance learning courses by brunel or heriot watt is the best ? I am looking forward to do MSc Building srvices engineering, Kindly suggest me the pros and cons of both Unis
Southsealee
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Hi Syamraj,

I’ve just found your post from last year and was wondering if you have now start a distance learning course yet?

I am interested in distance learning MSc Building Services Engineering at either Brunel or Heriot-Watt Uni.

Have you started your MSc yet or did you find out any further information? I’m particularly interested in which of these two Universities offers the best online learning platform.

Any other info you have would be greatly appreciated too.

Thanks, Lee.

(Original post by Syamraj)
distance learning courses by brunel or heriot watt is the best ? I am looking forward to do MSc Building srvices engineering, Kindly suggest me the pros and cons of both Unis
HWU StudentRep 2
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hi Lee,

I can answer part of the question on behalf of Syamraj. Heriot-Watt online uses Vision as its Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). Course materials are available to online students through Vision. Vision has the capacity to use multi-media tech (like lightboard, video, audio) and there are also various opportunities for students and programme leaders to collaborate through online tutorials etc. David Campbell is the Programme Leader and he is probably a good person to email if you want to find out more about how the programme is delivered. His email address is [email protected].

Some other positives about learning online through Heriot-Watt is its flexibility:
Most students complete a MSc between 3-4 years, but students have up to 8 years to complete it if they need it.
There are over 400 H-W exam centres around the world which often means students can sit exams in their own country.
Courses are paid for on a pay-as-you go format, making it more financially manageable.
As an Online Learning student you will not be left on your own. You'll receive similar academic support to that which on-campus students receive from academic staff, by phone or email. You'll also receive administrative support from a dedicated Online Student Support Team.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Clare

(Original post by Southsealee)
Hi Syamraj,

I’ve just found your post from last year and was wondering if you have now start a distance learning course yet?

I am interested in distance learning MSc Building Services Engineering at either Brunel or Heriot-Watt Uni.

Have you started your MSc yet or did you find out any further information? I’m particularly interested in which of these two Universities offers the best online learning platform.

Any other info you have would be greatly appreciated too.

Thanks, Lee.
Southsealee
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Thanks Clare, that’s really useful. I’ll look into the HW course a bit more and maybe get in contact with the contact you provided.

Would be handy to find someone with comparable experience of the VLE at Brunel... anyone out there?

Many thanks,
Lee.
metou
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Southsealee)
Thanks Clare, that’s really useful. I’ll look into the HW course a bit more and maybe get in contact with the contact you provided.

Would be handy to find someone with comparable experience of the VLE at Brunel... anyone out there?

Many thanks,
Lee.
Hi Southsealee,

Which University did you choose for distance learning? If you chose Heriot-Watt, Please share your experiences of distance learning. I am thinking to study MSc programme in distance learning mode.

Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (138)
40.12%
They're exactly what I expected (85)