The Student Room Group

Does anybody have some examples of psychology research papers?

I've already seen one on "Psychology at University - FAQ -what is psychology like at university" and apparently you have to read 3-5 research papers on top of each lecture (about 4 lectures a week).

Is it this much for everybody? Do you have to remember every single bit of info from the papers?
Reply 1
Not too much at all, really. You won't remember everything but you will broaden your knowledge and you'd be surprised at what sticks. I basically did this for my philosophy degree and pissed a first.

of course, you can still do pretty well without doing any of this.
(edited 6 years ago)
I read about 1000 and cited 360 for my PhD. Get stuck in, - but it's a wormhole, as one paper inevitably leads to the exploration of a related article.
Original post by DrSocSciences
I read about 1000 and cited 360 for my PhD. Get stuck in, - but it's a wormhole, as one paper inevitably leads to the exploration of a related article.

Wow that is a lot. How many did you do in the first year or your undergraduate?
How many papersyou go through is entirely up to you, i love psychology and go through crap loads.
Original post by random_matt
How many papersyou go through is entirely up to you, i love psychology and go through crap loads.

Are you able to prioritise and figure out which are more useful than others?
Original post by Mayavalentine
Are you able to prioritise and figure out which are more useful than others?

Of course, you read some and eliminate what is not needed. You are getting worked up too much.
Original post by random_matt
Of course, you read some and eliminate what is not needed. You are getting worked up too muckh.

You're right, I do overthink everything!
Original post by Mayavalentine
You're right, I do overthink everything!

Don't worry about it. You'll learn to quickly skim through them anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest