Exhausted, headaches, stressed; A Levels Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So um I keep going from being super motivated and even excited to do revision to being utterly exhausted and crying all the time?

This keeps happening - one week I'll feel great, be doing roughly 6/7 hours a day and actually enjoying it but the next I'll be crying, thinking there's no way I'll get my predictions, getting headaches whenever I try and revise and being generally exhausted. Sleeping more doesn't help, I'm healthy and I exercise quite a bit so it's not issues with those causing this.

I don't really get what's happening but I'm really terrified it'll happen right before/during exams, so any suggestions would be very appreciated. Getting incredibly stressed as I had a huge amount of revision planned for Easter break (that article on the BBC about 7 hours revision a day also didn't help lool). Is anyone else having this?

xox
Anonymous #1
bumpy bump bump
M00ND4NC3R
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's happening to me a lot recently though I have had a massive traumatic event which i think has caused this. I'm struggling to overcome it too though to be honest.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by M00ND4NC3R)
It's happening to me a lot recently though I have had a massive traumatic event which i think has caused this. I'm struggling to overcome it too though to be honest.
I saw your other post; really really sorry for your loss
M00ND4NC3R
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I saw your other post; really really sorry for your loss
Thank you. But it's definitely impacted my revision and exams etc... Not sure how im going to cope with them tbh
Animotion712
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I just get exhausted and drowsy. I might implement naps into my revision sessions to help give bursts of energy
smiley.ells
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have really similar problems and im learning to manage it better. The main things that helped me were

1. You've gotta be strict with being NICE to yourself i.e with breaks, don't ever do more than about 6 hours of pure revision a day. This can mean starting at 9 and finishing at 6 with breaks and a lunch break, or whatever you want but no matter how good youre feeling, And less is fine too on busy days but not more. youve gotta realise that in the long run youre gonna do better if you look after yourself because think about how much time you loose from being stressed by pushing youself and burning out. It doesnt matter if youre in a great mood and feel like you could revise forever- you've gotta stop yourself and go chill.

2. Set out a time before bed where you basically just google all the different options that you have if you dont get the grades like read student reviews for universities that you dismissed because you put too much pressure on yourself to go to a 'good' university, look at foundation years, look at all sorts of stuff and read forums about all the different paths people take in life. This has really helped put things into perspective for me and made me realise that when it comes to A levels and what grades you get, it's just not that deep and it doesn't matter that much. Hope this helps!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by smiley.ells)
I have really similar problems and im learning to manage it better. The main things that helped me were

1. You've gotta be strict with being NICE to yourself i.e with breaks, don't ever do more than about 6 hours of pure revision a day. This can mean starting at 9 and finishing at 6 with breaks and a lunch break, or whatever you want but no matter how good youre feeling, And less is fine too on busy days but not more. youve gotta realise that in the long run youre gonna do better if you look after yourself because think about how much time you loose from being stressed by pushing youself and burning out. It doesnt matter if youre in a great mood and feel like you could revise forever- you've gotta stop yourself and go chill.

2. Set out a time before bed where you basically just google all the different options that you have if you dont get the grades like read student reviews for universities that you dismissed because you put too much pressure on yourself to go to a 'good' university, look at foundation years, look at all sorts of stuff and read forums about all the different paths people take in life. This has really helped put things into perspective for me and made me realise that when it comes to A levels and what grades you get, it's just not that deep and it doesn't matter that much. Hope this helps!
Thank you so much Good luck with everything!
smiley.ells
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you so much Good luck with everything!
you too<3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads